COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Book Lovers/Travel Lovers

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Robin

Book Lovers/Travel Lovers

I've gotten some wonderful reading ideas from this forum. The other day a local radio show did a feature on travel-themed summer reading, and I got to wondering about something: Have any of you ever been in a travel-oriented book club? Is travel a primary theme, or just an interest for the group? How do you choose your titles? Do you ever travel together?

This idea has some appeal, but I also wonder if I would just get terribly frustrated whenever the topic revolved around the trip I WASN'T taking! Any input?

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Diane

Not really, but our investment club has been so tired of waiting for the market to turn around we've more-or-less turned into a travel discussion club.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 08:53 PM
topper

easily merits some more attention

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:18 PM
nancy

topping again.
Hard to find any (travel/language related) groups here in VT.
Boo hoo.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:22 PM
StCirq

We've got a great books/movies section over on PBProvence's Delphi website - always a good selection, but mainly confined to France - www.delphi.com/PBProvence/start

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:31 PM
Mel

I'm part of a regular book club, but had never thought of a travel-only book club. What a GREAT idea! I'm already thinking about friends who would enjoy this. Another thought: We've had threads on here about great books to read before/when traveling, maybe we could get a thread going each month on a particular book--someone comes up with a book, interested posters read it and plan to work a thread on a certain day, certain time--exchange insights about what we thought of it. Feedback?