Reload this Page >

Book hotels directly or online?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 06:37 PM
Melissa

Is it better to book directly with the hotel or use an online service? Need feedback on Hotel D'Aubusson, L'Astor and Hotel de Fleurie or any other recommendations for nice hotel. Thanks!!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:32 AM
m

i odn't know what really is better, but i'm more comfortable with contacted the hotel directly for rates, usually by r email and then booking by fax. I like having the printed out info directly form the hotel just in case there is a poblem although i've never had any problems.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:54 AM
sandi

I booked reservations with 7 different hotels last fall (in Italy) all via email after I checked out their website. It was so painless. They all responded within a couple of days and I was sure to take the confirmation with me, on the trip. Good Luck.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:55 AM
aimee

I emailed Hotel de Fleurie for rates. I faxed them my credit card info and got a fax confirmation back. No problems.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Ed

Can't help with the hotels. <BR> <BR>I find it much better to book European hotels directly by fax or phone. Web useful for research. Always check web for special web-only deals. Dealing direct, though, usually gets as low (or lower) price than otherwise available, and much more likely to get the "last room" available, which are rarely available through intermediaries. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:48 AM
xxxx

I don't have much more to add except, booking direct means you can ask for a specific room or areas such as street side or courtyard. HAVE A HARD COPY OF ALL YOUR RESERVATIONS TO BRING WITH YOU.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Melissa

Thanks to everyone for feedback. I'm going with the consensus and booking direct!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Jody

I have been booking online for the last 3 years, about 8 trips. I always book thru the hotels direct website or if booking in Paris lately thru "reserve the best". I get direct confirmations from the hotels via email. I have only had 1 problem and that was with a London hotel, room was ready, reservation in order but they certainly used creative writing in describing their facilities. we looked at the room and immeadiately left and went to the place where we have stayed for years and beggged for a room! we only had to stay 1 night , don't know why I ever wanted to change as we had styed at Aster House for years and love it. Just thought a change would be nice and it WASN'T! <BR>I do recommend making hard copies of ALL you confirmations as suggested above, whether hotels, restaurants, car, whatever.