Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bon Voyage Olive Oyl! and Remember to...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paris will be that much more cheerful! Olive is on the way, tomorrow!
Enjoy Christmas in Paris, Bon Voyage!!
Remember to:
1-Kiss your husband on a bridge over the Seine!
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:05 PM
jenifer

2 - Kiss your husband under a bridge over the Seine!

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:08 PM

He's pretty darn cute, so my advice is kiss him anywhere in Paris.
Have a great time.
Judy
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We'll miss you but Paris is much more attractive. Light up the City of Light.
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:18 PM

Remember to...bring your boots and gloves! Snow predicted! It won't last til Thursday, though. Too bad, a white Christmas in Paris would be terrific.
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 03:25 PM

OliveOyl, looks like it's you and me to Paris, even though ABC news just announced that incoming flights from France and Mexico may be blocked due to terrorist threats and inadequate security at those airports.

OK, so if we can't fly home, does this mean we get to live in Paris? Well, punish me, baby!

Of course, it wouldn't be long before my darlin' grandson and I would become residents of the Parisian version of the Salvation Army homeless shelter, but hey, I bet I could teach the little squirt to shoplift croissants and Orangina's for us.

If you and your husband run out of buffalo jerky, send up a smoke signal. We'll swipe a few munchies for you guys, too!
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

I have declared it to be safe and peaceful on all crossings from the US to Europe, do not worry your pretty little heads.
Besides, Olive and I have to do some serious house decorating when she gets back!!
Remember to:
Go to Angelinas and have a hot chocolate!
Go to Laduree and have some chocolate!
Go to Poilane on your walk from the Luxembourg Gardens , just go left and buy a loaf of bread or some pain au chocolate and eat it on the walk back!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 12:27 AM

Thank you, Scarlett, for your soothing encouragement! What a gentle soul you are!

We who are traveling this Christmas will take heart in the belief that goodness such as yours balances out the cruelty in this troubled world.

May we all, and especially you, be blessed with safety and peace this holiday season.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:25 AM
OliveOyl

Well, in view of recent events I've decided it probably would not be prudent to go dressed as a Terrorist, at least not to the plane. DH will be outfitted as Inspector Clouseau, so I shall go as his wench. LOL

Croque, really? Stuck? C'est domage, c'est domage. Is there an REI in Paris? We can set up camp somewhere. Squirt can do his bit, and you with your red hair and green eyes, Montmartre? I used to do high impact aerobics, would that pass as the Can Can? LOL

Boots and gloves packed. Snow! I saw some footage of England last night and it was snowing there. What fun. Buffalo jerky is off the list as my DD said it was being confiscated from people leaving South Africa this summer because of possible cooties. They'd have to fight me for it, not a pretty picture, so it'll just stay here.

Thank you all for your good wishes. We'll kiss and drink and munch our way through the arrondisements. I'll be on the lookout for squirrel lady and squirt. Nuttin' can rain/snow on our parades! Happy Holidays you all--talk to you in a week and bring on the decorating Scarlett. It's much more fun when it's someone else's place!! Hope Santa is good to everyone. Now...allons!

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:48 AM

Have a fabulous Christmas in "Paree," Olive dear! We'll miss you, and look forward to your wonderful trip report when you return. Give my regards to La Tour Eiffel.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, dear Croque Madame, you are too kind~
Happy Holidays to all