Reload this Page >

Boats from Amalfi to Capri?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Joan

We're leaving for Amalfi in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knows if there are boats that go from the town of Amalfi directly to Capri, and if there is a website I could search for time info, etc. <BR> <BR>Many thanks!

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Bob

Try this web site: "http://www.alilauro.it/salernoamalfipositcapritrag.htm" You can also take a SITA bus from Amalfi to Sorrento and take a ferry from there to Capri, which run more often.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 12:50 AM
Kimerley

Thanks Bob, we will visit Capri from Positano. Looks like it will be a day trip. <BR>Our travel agent could not give us any info, so thanks!

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:00 AM
mo

I just came back from the amalfi coast. There was no direct boat to go from Ischia to Sorrento. I don't know if that apply to you. The boat ride in the off season are much much less than at the regular season.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 03:34 AM
Bob

I think that the ferries between Salerno, Amalfi, Positano and Capri may only run in the summer. Taking the SITA bus to Sorrento and taking a ferry from there to Capri may be a better option during other times of the year.