boat tours capri

Search

boat tours capri

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boat tours capri

We are planning a trip to capri in June and I have contacted 2 boat tour companies. Both seem very highly regarded and get great feedback on trip advisor. One company quoted me 1300 euro for 6 hours for 3 people. The other (capristartour) quoted me 350 euro for the same 6 hours/3 people (. the cheaper one gets nothing but stellar reviews on TA (people who seem legitimate and have posted multiple reviews). The price differential is making me question it though. It seems TOO reasonable for a private boat tour that is that long in duration. I wonder if anyone has any helpful thoughts or advice about this? Does anyone know the average rate for a tour like this?

Last edited by emcash; Mar 11th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Perhaps if you would share the names of the tour operators, you might find someone with actual experience with either one.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks socal, i was hoping to just get some info on the going rate for that kind of tour. edited my op.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Well I have no idea about private tours but I took a small group tour from Sorrento which gave us 5 hours on Capri, then about a two to three tour around the entire island, stopping at the Blue Lagoon (where you transfer to small rowboats regardless of how you get there) and then back to Sorrento. So full day. It wasn't private, I think there were about 20 people. It was under €50. So can't understand what in the world you'd get for €1300.

What is it you think you are going to see on a private boat that you wouldn't on a slightly larger boat.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

It's a special trip and something we would like to do. We took a private boat on como and enjoyed the experience. There is something special about hiring a private boat for the day where you are in charge of where you want to go, when you want to swim, when you want to stop for lunch, what you want to do. if this is something that doesn't appeal to others that's their prerogative. I'm just curious about the price differential as i originally posted

Last edited by emcash; Mar 11th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

i just realized that the higher priced tour started in positano (recommended by a friend ) which probably accounts for part of the much higher price.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 04:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
When the weather and seas allowed for the boats to go out, our hotel sent us down to the harbor. We walked up to a boat, not private,bought tickets, not spnsive, and had a wonderful experience. You can not count on being able to go out on the water and may have to wait. We were only there four nights and finally went out the last day.