Reload this Page >

blarney castle or dingle area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 03:15 PM
heckster

We are leaving 11/22/01 for Killarney, we have to choose either going on our bus tour to Blarney castle or ditching everyone and going on our own to dingle? Ok everyone whats the advice!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 03:19 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

No question---Dingle !

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 04:11 PM
John

Heckster:<BR><BR>Dingle! No contest!<BR>JOHN

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 04:30 PM
carolyn

Dingle.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 04:53 PM
jj

Dingle! Blarney is really not much to see. Blarney Castle will probably be open but I would do some research to see if Blarney house is open...it used to have some pretty restricted seasonal hours. Dingle is awesome!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 05:20 PM
heckster

Ok its Dingle! How about some info...is it pretty easy navigating on the roads? Any recommendations on must see sights-pubs, local artists, music, I don't know, what else??????

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 05:25 PM
kam

Definitely ditch them!!! Blarney is wall to wall tourist buses. Dingle is a charming town with good pubs and you can get out to Slea Head via a small tour company that will take you in a mini van. Can't remember the name, but I know Dingle has a website and the tour company is on there. Just don't fall for the dolphin harbor tours---very touristy and very boring.Doyle's restaurant has top seafood in Dingle town. O'Flaherty's pub is great.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Sam

Personally I really enjoyed seeing the Blarney Castle. I went there in January when there were no tourist buses and almost had the place to ourselves. Just be forewarned that you have to be in good shape to be able to climb to the top. The area around the castle is a great backdrop for photos. I actually had one of my photos published for a postcard and I'm not even a professional photographer.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 06:46 PM
heckster

Will have 1 night to spend in Dingle-leaving so soon! Need recommendations for bed and breakfasts!!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Shadow

heckster: we (10 friends) went to Ireland this summer-Dingle was the favorite town! We stayed at a lovely B&B-in town-just a few minutes walk to the pubs and great restaurants and a lovely view of the bay-The Lighthouse B&B (http://homepage.tinet.ie/~murphydenis/index.html) <BR>We had a lovely dinner at the Mystic Celt. We also did the Slea Head drive which is gorgeous! There are lots of pubs for music as well-we had a fun night at "The Dingle Pub".<BR>You will love Ireland and Dingle in particular!<BR>Shadow

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 04:39 AM
Patrick

Definitely Dingle.<BR>Sam, since you seem to be the lone vote for Blarney, did you also spend time in Dingle? Did you enjoy Dingle. Or are you only comparing Blarney to Blarney. It's just hard for me to imaging anyone suggesting Blarney over Dingle. By the way, heckster has already mentioned they'd be going to Blarney with their tour group, so there's no way they'd experience it like you did with no other people around.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 06:17 AM
heckster

Thank you for all the input!!! I liked the website for the b/b in dingle, the lighthouse I would like to stay there and also Ballydavid at a b/b An Riaso, how about some input in that town!

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 09:13 AM
lucky

I will be brief, even though I am one who is full of it from kissing the Blarney Stone. This is not a multiple choice question. The answer is DINGLE !!

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 09:58 AM
xxx

In defense of Blarney, there probably won't be too many people there at the end of November, and it's only a short walk to the Blarney woolen mills if shopping is your thing.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 10:30 AM
heckster

We are going to rent a car from dan dooley thanks to recommendations. We are planning on driving along the scenic coast and then staying at a b/b keep giving the good recommendations!!! What little towns are the best!

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Ada

<BR>Dingle. No question.<BR>There lots of B+B. No need to book anything in advance!<BR>BUT - if you want a real special place that serves also GREAT food try Crutch's Hillville Hotel. It is in Kicummin, near Castlegregory. The owners are Ron and Sandra (what a great cook she is!) McDonnel. They are charming! The rooms are beautiful, the grounds are lovely. We spent a night there last summer after hearing about it from friends, and loved it.<BR>Tel:066-38118 Fax: 066-38159<BR>Have a nice trip!<BR>Ada

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 11:29 AM
heckster

We are so excited about our new plans!! Thanks everyone great advice!

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 07:59 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Do a search for Mt. Eagle Lodge in Ventry about 3 miles from Dingle. It is at the start to the Slea head drive which is the best of the Dingle area.<BR>Have dinner at Skippers in the village.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 10:12 AM
heckster

Please give me the web site of Dan Dooley again somebody! I can not seem to log og on , doing something wrong!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Ann

I've been to Ireland 17 times in the past 12 years, and lived there for about 2 years, and I have never been, nor will I ever go, to Blarney Castle.<BR><BR>I also have never been, but do plan to go at some point, to Dingle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -