Blackadder

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 01:43 PM
Jerry

Blackadder

My only exposure to the Blackadder was at the Millennium Dome and I thought it was great. Was this a series? Was it shown only in the UK? If so the movie Capitalists of the US are missing out on a winner. Has anyone seen any Blackadder movies in the US? Where?

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 02:24 PM
RosemaryM

Hi Jerry, The Blackadder series was a television show and was shown in Australia at least as well as UK. It was very popular here. I think Rowan Atkinson was much funnier as Blackadder than as Mr.Bean who I find repellent. Unfortunately the British seem to make very short comedy series and I felt Blackadder ended too soon.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 02:45 PM
alan

Hi! Just saw your posting about Blackadder. It has been on PBS in the past. Currently it is on BBCAmerica if your cable system carries it or if you have a satellite system. alan

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 03:03 PM
Annalynn

Jerry: <BR> <BR>"Blackadder" is out on video in the US and you can probably rent it at your local Blockbuster (mine carries it). You can also purchase the tapes if you're a real fan - I've seen them discounted at Sam's, a box set of five for $24.99.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 03:57 PM
Joanna

The series is at least 15 years old (from series 1). There was a mediaeval series, a Tudor series, a Regency period series and a WWI series, as well as a TV special where Blackadder was a scrooge-type character. In the first (mediaeval) series Blackadder was stupid, whereas Baldrick was smart. This was reversed in all the subsequent series. Miranda Richardson played QE1 in the second series.