Birmingham England

Aug 20th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Birmingham England

Thanks for reply on hotels in Birmingham area. Appreciate it. NOW- what else can we do in Birmingham area besides the Doggie Show? I hear we will see some theatre presentation but what is in the surrounding area or is this too vague?Hope not, would appreciate since not going until March - any info on surrounding area or Birm itself. We will take train to London and fly home after two days from there so London is set.
Again, thanks to you nice people out there
Georgia Gal
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Coventry, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Worcester are side trips you might consider.
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:52 PM

There is a very nice indoor/outdoor market in Birmingham. I also REALLY enjoyed Cadbury World (NOT just for kids and you are given MANY full size samples!!) and the aquarium.

I really liked Birmingham!! (It is home of Balti cooking - so make sure you have a lovely meal! YUMM!! -It was my first time trying lamb tikka masala...to die for!!)
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on Birm. Now will do some more checking. Appreciate it folks!
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:47 AM

How about the art gallery? It has a fine collection of Pre-Raphaelite paintings, among many others.
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:50 AM

Cadbury's World! is certainly worth a go as is the Black Courty Musuem - a living working musuem based on the history of the industrial heartland of England.

Further afeld a day trip to the Ironbridge Gorge is excellent - See the famed Ironbridge in the birth place of the industrial revolution.

Aug 21st, 2004, 08:26 AM

It has a Symphony Hall and orchestra (reputedly world-class - it's years since I was there), and more than one theatre. Try www.visitbirmingham.com
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM

Warwick Castle is a very easy day trip out of Birmingham--not far. You could drive, but there also are day tours. I really enjoyed it.