Bhemian Crystal In Bratislava

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2004, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Bohemian crystal available at affordable prices in Bratislava? We'll be in Austria, Switzerland, and just a day in Bratislava. I think that our dollar will not buy much crystal anywhere other than in Bratislava.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:52 AM

Have not been to Bratislava but was in Presov and Kosice this time last year and found beautiful and reasonably priced crystal readily available in each. Hopefully you will find Bratislava will offer the same.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Seeing that Bratislava is a sister city to prague, and is extremely similar, i would assume yes. Prague has great, beautiful crystal for very reasonable prices. I would say it's worth holding out
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 02:37 PM

Haven't shopped in Bratislava but it is pretty small -- make that very small. You will likely not go outside the historic core, which is only a few streets.

So selection will surely be limited -- you may find what you want but don't count on wide selection or any comparison shopping....

BTW: I was surprised that better clothing brands, e.g. Hugo Boss, were more expensive in Bratislava and Budapest than in Canadian stores....And that the best Boss prices were in the Vienna airport.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM

We were in Bratislavia in 2000 and found the crystal prices to be very good. We did not need much, but my wife let me buy some excellent crystal beer steins that I use a lot.

The stuff is heavy to get home so get them to ship if you can.

There was one very nice shop near the center of town that we really liked. Cannot remember the name but it was almost 100% crystal and glass. We were on a cruise and had a short time there.