Beynac to Paris

Old Mar 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beynac to Paris

We are looking for an interesting stop between Beynac and Paris. We will be leaving Beynac on May 6 and would like to spend the night somewhere interesting on that night and then we will continue to Paris for our last 2 nights in Europe. Any suggestions? As of now I have booked Maison D'hotes Lagatine in La Boissiere Ecole Lieu Dit La Gatine (Yvelines), France. But really did that as a shot in the dark to get about an hour from Paris. When I first booked it, I thought I was booking in Champagne... only it's Champagne Eure et Loire. Honestly, just looking for a nice quiet place to spend the night and maybe enjoy lunch along the way. Maybe a wine cave? and a nice dinner that night? Any thoughts?
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 10:50 AM

I'm assuming you are driving because you live in Europe and you are using your own car. I wouldn't want to waste 7 hrs on the un-scenic autoroute in 2 days - and end day two with a drive in to Paris.

I would stop in Bourges. Or perhaps swing a tad west to Blois.

If your car is a rental, I would return it in Brive la Gaillarde (after a 1 hr visit to Collonges la Rouge), and take the 4 hr train to Paris and spend an extra day in Beynac or Paris.

Stu Dudley
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 11:19 AM

What Stu said.There is no pleasant way to drive from Beynac to Paris unless you have about 3-4 days to meander on the N and D roads.
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 03:21 PM

If you're willing to spend the money, try this place: http://www.prieuredorsan.com/hotel/hotel-a.html
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 05:20 PM

I agree with Stu re Blois (it's about a five hour drive from Beynac to Blois if you go via the A20). It is a pleasant town with the Royal Chateau in the centre. But I think the real benefit would be if you could also visit one or two Loire Valley chateaux nearby eg. Chambord or Cheverny. Then drop off your car in Blois and catch the train to Paris the next afternoon. Otherwise, as Stu said, just catch the train straight up to Paris from the Dordogne and enjoy another night there, saving the driving hassle.
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Okay - thank you! We are choosing to stay another night in Baynac and return car in Brive. I am having a terrible time finding train rates from Brive to Paris. Online not available and been on hold for 30 minutes. ugh. Any ball park price guess for 4 travelers 60+ years old?
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Nevermind - just got pricing~! Thanks!