Reload this Page >

Best way to travel from Asterdam to Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Reagan

All of the flights are so expensive for such a short trip. The major airlines are $475+. The four main discount european airlines don't offer the route. I'm interested in the train, but I can not find any information in English about it. I'd like to know how much time it is b/t the cities. Could someone please help me. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Reagan

Amsterdam. Sorry. I'm exhausted trying to figure this out.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:53 PM
jahoulih

On Friday and Saturday nights, and every night beginning April 7, there's a direct train leaving 20:13 and arriving 10:15. Other nights require a change in Dresden in the morning and take about 1/2 hour longer, or else go during the day and change in Berlin, about 12 1/2 hours altogether.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Pauline

Reagan,<BR><BR>I was looking at flying from Amsterdan to Vienna. One way (cheapest) was going to cost Approx AUD600.00...My TA suggested a return ticket that was going to cost less than the one way, about AUD400.00.<BR>Decided to fly with KLM. They include a return trip within Europe as part of the return cost from Australia.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:09 AM
HK

I was able to get a direct ticket from Amsterdam to Prague for about US$280 round-trip. It is a special rate but if you spend more than 5 days in Prague, you should be able to get it from Czech air too.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 07:28 AM
Beth

As for the night train that leaves Amsterdam @ 20:13, can anyone tell me WHERE to purchase advance tickets for this? I figured since it was a night train (with sleeper cars) it make book up more quickly. My time frame is the end of April. I tried looking at Eurorail online but had no luck. Thanks!

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:16 PM
jahoulih

If you really want to buy in advance, try www.euraide.de; if you'll have a few days in Europe before your train trip, and your train isn't on a weekend night, you can probably wait till you get there to buy your ticket.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:29 PM
stacy

Is there a train that leaves from Prague to Amsterdam as well? If so, what are the times it leaves at?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:54 PM
jahoulih

Yes, beginning April 6; not on April 12, 13, May 4, 5, 25 or June 8. It leaves 18:26 and arrives 8:50.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Boots

I leave Monday for Prague via Amsterdam. I had a coupon deal on Northwest from my home city to Amsterdam and bought a separate ticket round-trip AMS-Prague. I think the flight has a KLM number, but is operated by Czech Airlines. The cost was $239.05. I can't remember now where I found the train schedules and prices, but the price for the train was over $200. For the small difference in price, I decided to fly. Good luck! Boots