Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best US connection to BOS arr from Milan?

May 8th, 2017, 06:56 PM
HKP
Original Poster

Have to get back from Milan to Boston in mid-Sept. via AA (sigh) and have the choice of a tight connection (1:50) in JFK or almost as tight (2:15) in MIA. Obviously, the flight MXP-JFK is shorter, arrives earlier; but MXP-MIA offers the longer connection. Haven't flown since the Trump Tightening of TSA, etc. and have limited experience with either JFK or MIA.

Anyone flown/arrived internationally recently at either airport? Best advice? (no choice other than AA because of other arrangements)
May 8th, 2017, 07:07 PM

Despite the tight connection, I would go with JFK. You have weather risks all up & down the coast at the time of year, but you have a fighting chance of getting to Boston from NYC by train or car if flights are cancelled.
May 8th, 2017, 10:51 PM

Are you an American citizen? Do you have global entry? I'm not sure it changes my answer, which is reflexively JFK, but worth asking.
May 9th, 2017, 04:28 AM

travelgourmet, yes and yes.
May 9th, 2017, 04:29 AM

I mean, it may make a difference to be a citizen with GE, but I'd recommend JFK as well.
May 9th, 2017, 04:36 AM

I fly in and out of MIA on both American and British all the time.

Storms CAN be a problem at MIA although they usually happen earlier in the year and frequently hamper departures (unless it is a hurricane a1nd that obviously stops everything).

Miami is a1n ea1sy airport to process through especially if you have GE but I would also opt for the JFK connection...why fly "all the way" down here (and where things are all "bad" according to at least one poster) to get to Boston? Even if you miss your connection it will probably be faster to get re-booked in New York than in Mia1mi.
May 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM
HKP
Original Poster

JFK it is. Thank you all. No hurricanes, please, if at all possible.