Search

2.5 days in Amalfi Coast

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.5 days in Amalfi Coast

Hi,

I am looking for tips / recommendations for a brief 2.5 days stay in the Amalfi coast. We arrive in Naples on Day 1 in the morning. Is Naples worth a brief stop or should we connect directly to Sorrento or elsewhere? We will have day 2 and day 3 fully for exploring and enjoying. And then leave on day 4 in the evening to Cinque Terre.

This is our first time visiting the Amalfi coast. My husband and I are in our mid 30's and our 3 year old will be traveling with us.

We would like to stay in one town for the entire time and then make trips out of there. Any recommendations for a good home base would be appreciated. Our trip is end of July.

Thank You!
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
ekc

What do you want to do while on the Amalfi Coast? Relax and enjoy the beach or visit villages?

With a 3-year old, I would skip spending time in Naples. Sorrento is not on the Amalfi Coast - it is between Naples and the AC.

Where you base on the AC may be dictated by where you can find lodging at this late date - many places book a year in advance.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:16 PM

With a 3 year old, I'd plan around having things to entertain him/her at least part of the time.
Umbrella stroller with BIG wheels to handle some bumps.

Either stay in Amalfi. Decent beach (more gravel than sand though. Can do short trips to Positano, Ravello, etc from there.
OR
Stay in Sorrento. One big day trip down the Amalfi Coast with a siesta in the shade in Amalfi mid-day.
Hilton Sorrento Palace has an awesome pool for a toddler and kid-friendly breakfast with an awesome view.

Do you hope to visit Pompeii/Herculaneum? If so, do it early morning or your kid will melt in the heat.

You may not have a choice, but you've picked about the 2 least toddler-friendly destinations (AC and CT).
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

@ EKC we would like to visit the villages. We have decided to skip Naples and head directly to Positani from Naples (through Sorrento). Have found lodging there at Hotel California Positano. Will stay there two nights and visit villages as possible. Thank You!
Old May 3rd, 2017, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

@alandavid We are not planning to visit Pompeii/Herculaneum. Not enough time to explore on this trip.

Planning on heading from Naples to Positano. Exploring Positano one day and then going to Amalfi one day

Thank you for your help!
Old May 4th, 2017, 07:41 AM
ekc

Good plan Traveler! You can get the ferry schedules to Amalfi at www.travelmar.it. You can also squeeze in a quick trip to Ravello when visiting Amalfi.

If you want to have a driver pick you up in Naples and drive you to Positano (it is what I always do) you can email the driver I use for a quote. His name is Sergio Rianna and his email is [email protected]
Old May 9th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

@ ekc Thank you for the information. Just reached out to Sergio to get a quote!