Best Travel Video!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Danna

Best Travel Video!

Have you bought a travel video that really reminds you of where you were, want to go, just want to see? I'm looking on the net for a celleidh dance video. Attended a celeidh and would love to revisit the experience seeing these dances again, but that's my search. What have you seen that you enjoyed?

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 03:24 PM
SharonM

Michael Palin's "Hemingway Adventure" is pretty fun!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Carin

It's not a travel video, but I've seen "A Room With a View" dozens of times and can't wait to see Santa Croce and the Piazza dell Signoria in person this spring break for my tenth anniversary - the video was the inspiration. Next year we'll search for Summer Street - "I've dreamed of Summer Street!"

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 03:49 AM
Dave

I saw the Chieftains video "Water from the Well" on cable a few weeks ago. If you like their music, you'll like the video. Part interviews, part group bio, part scenery, all music. <BR>

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 05:44 AM
Jonesy

I am not at all a fan of her music, but Frederika von Stade (something like that) did a Christmas special in and around Salzburg which was really great. It used to air on Christmas Eve on PBS, but I haven't seen it that last two years. I taped it though and put it on from time to time. St. Wolfgang is absolutely gorgeous in the snow and with no tourists around. Actually, every place they show looks especially charming with the white background.