Reload this Page >

Best time to visit Tuscany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 04:36 PM
Bev

Having read of the hordes of tourists that descend on this region every year, I am wondering if anyone can suggest times in the year when things are quieter and one is better able to appreciate the wonderful scenery, monuments, works of art, etc. I would love to visit Tuscany, but I hope I can pick a less busy time of year. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 04:44 PM
elizabeth

We were in Tuscany (Cortona, Sienna, Perugia, etc) the last week of May and while the towns were busy, it wasn't oppressive. We didn't venture into Florence as we'd been there before (in October - too busy to see the David).

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 07:59 PM
kkam

April, May and late October. November is getting rather cold in northern Tuscany and at any elevation.

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 08:36 PM
Dayle

How about late March? I know it would be on the cold side, but nice enough to enjoy?

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 11:33 PM
Trish

We have recently returned from a 3 1/2 month trip to various countries and we nearly three weeks different parts of Tuscany and Umbria - we were there the 2nd weeks of May through to the end of May and it was BEAUTFUL - warm sunny weather nearly every day(a couple of days where we had showers) and certainly no problem with excess tourists. If going back, we would definately go the same time.