best time to visit paris

Jan 28th, 2002, 12:34 PM
ALLEN

best time to visit paris

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Paris, we dont want to spend a fortune on hotel rooms, any suggestions?

Jan 28th, 2002, 12:39 PM
elaine

in many European cities hotel and air fare rates are at their lowest
January through March. It's certainly true this year especially.
You don't need to spend "a fortune" at any time if you book well in advance at one of the budget-priced hotels and if you can do without amenities in some cases like an elevator or a/c.
How much did you want to spend?

Jan 28th, 2002, 12:41 PM
ALLEN

AROUND $150 PER NIGHT

Jan 28th, 2002, 01:02 PM
elaine

Allen
Try doing a search on this message board, at www.paris.org, and at
www.hotelboulevard.com for any of the following hotels by name; there are a good number of hotels in Paris at $150 or less. Rates go up during high season although the following will still make your budget I think, and small hotels book up many months in advance. If you haven't been to Paris before, be aware that hotel rooms and bathrooms may be much smaller than what you are used to. Hotel Champs de Mars,Hotel Chopin,Grand Hotel Leveque ,Place des Vosges Hotel, Hotel Saint-Merry,Hotel Danube, Grandes Ecoles, Muguet,Palais Bourbon,Grand Hotel Leveque etc

Jan 28th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Stephanie

The hotelboulevard site is nice--I just used it to book a place. Stay away from things like aol travel, yahoo travel--they appear only to deal with contemporary chain hotels. (IF you want that, you wouldn't be going to Paris!)

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Christina

I'll also advise you -- you can very easily get a hotel in Paris for that, in fact, much cheaper if you want. There are quite a range available from $80 and up. Aside from hotelboulevard, I really like these sites: www.parishotels.com, digital.france.com/hotels and www.france-hotel-guide.com

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:53 PM
tttttt

tttttt