Best Time In Germany

Search

Best Time In Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Time In Germany

Lets hear some of the best times you have had in Germany!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:14 AM

Oktoberfest, Oktoberfest, Oktoberfest

Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:15 AM

Rothenburg after everyone leaves for the day.... the baths at Baden Baden (thank god I didn't know anyone)... wonderful white wine (who says the German's can only do beer?).
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:34 AM

Funny you say that Julie, I had that also in my note but took it out. Rothenburg after the bus groups leave is really nice.

Rhein on Fire in St Goar was Great. We watched from our Hotel, but I think it would have also been a lot of fun being on one of the many boats in the river.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:43 AM

I'm with Steve - Oktoberfest! The music, the decorated tents, the people - just great fun! I also enjoyed sitting at a riverside bar in Cologne and drinking a cold glass of the summer beer - I think the name is something like Kolsh (sp). It was great people-watching. I also enjoyed going to Neuschwanstein, walking on the Marian (sp) bridge and then looking to see the spectacular view of the castle! It was just breathtaking. I was alone on the bridge and it was so peaceful and magical. I really can't think of a bad time in Germany!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:11 AM

Just being there and taking in the scenery and culture is great. We loved Rothenberg, the Fussen area (castles are fantastic) and the Berchtesgaden region. I loved going to the beer halls in Munich and sampling apfelstuedels at, well, just about everywhere!

Tracy
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM

Best Times:

X-mas markets in Munich, Rothenburg, Frankfurt and Augsburg. Picnic at the Viktualienmarkt beer garden in Munich. Little red riding hood puppet show in Rothenburg.

Worst Times:

Carrying screaming 11 month old through Englischergarten to Seehaus Beer Garden in 25 degree weather. Marienbrucke closed when we visited Neuschwanstein.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:50 AM

Our German cousin's 33rd birthday party in Bochum. It was a wild party of about 50 Germans packed into a two bedroom apartment, singing, dancing, laughing, all having a great time. A funny experience for my husband, too, because so many of the younger Germans were inches taller than him (he's 6'2&quot and several of the women were only slightly shorter (he discussed being one of the shorter guys with our 5'7" Korean-American friend Danny, who said "welcome to my world&quot.
Next best was a New Year's Eve party with a similar (but older) crowd at a home in Lilienthal, near Bremen.

Finally, the annual village fest in Kalchreuth, near Nuremberg. A local beerfest held in August. We got there the last day and joined the rollicking crowd getting down to the Weissdorfer Sound Express, who did a great job covering sixties hits. When they started The Mighty Quinn, everybody jumped onto the tables and danced their heads off.

Germans sure can party hearty!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:02 AM

walking around the meadows near our hotel in Bertchesgarten, Rothenberg in the evening (again!), drinking wine in a biergarten in Rudesheim, driving through the Mosel River area, and staying at the SAS Radisson Schwarzerbock hotel in Wiesbaden, the night before we departed from Frankfurt.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:13 PM

Rothenburg in the evening was delightful, and the highlight was the Tour of the Nightwatchman. He was very interesting and entertaining...I'm planning a return trip just so I can take my 12 year old son who loves learning about the midieval period, knights, castles, and the plague! Also, shop for beautiful Chtistmas ornaments in Rothenburg.