Reload this Page >

Best Spanish phrasebook?

Search

Best Spanish phrasebook?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Kate

Best Spanish phrasebook?

Hi - I'm going to Spain in October and don't speak the language. Can anyone recommend a good phrasebook to bring with me (and hopefully learn some stuff from in advance)? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Kate

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 09:12 AM
Christina

I'll tell you my two favorites, both are very small and cheap so you might consider both if you are really interested in Spanish. I have both of them in very language they publish. One is the Dover publishers "Say It In ...." series (eg, Say It in Spanish) This is your basic tourist phrasebook, only $3, fits in a small pocket (about 3x4 inches, less than inch thick). The other series I really like is "Vest Pocket SPanish" (or about 1/2 dozen other languages). This series is published by Cortina Institute or Institute for Language Study (I've seen both names, Henry Holt & Co distributor). This is also a very small paperback and is more a mini-course in the beginning language. It has some phrases like a typical tourist phrasebook, but also a condensed dictionary in the back, and has grammar summary sections which are very useful-it's like a mini grammar book (ie, sections on tenses, use of articles, sentence structure, etc).

Old Oct 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a link to buy the one I used when travelling mexico. It worked really well and I was able to communicate really well with people.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007...SIN=0071458050
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Here's a little help
http://encuentros.isciii.es/madrid20...100_frases.pdf
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Hola

I started getting frustrated in Spain. I couldn't speak the language and I couldn't work out what the devil I was ordering in a restaurant. Whilst visiting a museum I happened by chance to find a pocket size Collins Spanish Phrasebook and Dictionary. Bueno Dios, it was brilliant! Apart from the obvious phrases it teaches you how to read the menu, different types of tapas, ordering drinks, shopping terminology etc. Here's the link - http://www.bookdepository.com/search...&search=search
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM

This topic started when they were speaking some Italic language in Spain.