Reload this Page >

Best shoes (survey)

Search

Best shoes (survey)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:39 PM
susan

Best shoes (survey)

So, if tennis shoes and sandals = ugly americans abroad, what are the best, most comfortable good for walking or going out to dinner shoes to have for a European vacation?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:44 PM
maggie

Donald Pliner<BR>Franco Sarto<BR>(all well broken in)<BR><BR>Both do well in both day and dinner situations.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:50 PM
travelingal

www.aerosoles.com. Shoes are amazingly comfortable (even dress shoes), fashionable, and not too expensive.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:26 AM
susan

Easy Spirit

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Dr. Scholl

I vote for sandals with comfort & style with my NAOTS.<BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Amy

For walking and sightseeing, I swear by my low-top Doc Martens. They're not the high lace up boots, but the low shoe type. Either black or the light brown leather. Plus, they're an English product...no chance of screaming "American tourist"!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Dallas

SAS -- without a doubt!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:52 PM
xxx

Ecco boots<BR>Easy Spirit aren't bad, but stay clear of their tennis shoes.<BR>Aerosoles for less expensive comfy shoes.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Mary

I've been going through the same dilemma and purchased Lizflex (made by Liz Claybourne) and so far so good. They're very comfy and cushiony flats with a sturdy yet flat rubber heel. I got mine at Macy's for $39. and will be taking them to Europe in a few weeks. Mary

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:15 PM
sandy

IF you are serious about comfort, IF you want to have NO problems with blisters or pain of any kind, IF it is more important to you that your feet hold up throughout a long day of walking and walking, up and down the cobblestone streets of Europe, you can do no better that SAS. And they don't cost a fortune like some others I could name. They go with everything. I have 2 pairs of SAS Free Time shoes: one in black and one in taupe. I travel constantly and go to Europe every year.I am the envy of my traveling companions with my wonderful shoes. They are not gorgeous, but they are not ugly either. You may wish to pack another pair of shoes for dress up. But for sightseeing, walking through airports, museum visits, and the like, they will never let you down.<BR>Sandy in Dallas

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Andy

I live in SAS when in Europe or any other place I have to do heavy walking-<BR><BR>My hubs swears by Mephisto men's walking shoes....

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Brenda

Olsen clogs are very comfortable and go casual or somewhat dressy. I bought a pair of Easy Spirit low heeled dress shoes and they kill my feet. I stick with clogs.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:36 PM
JJ

You really can't get a good answer to this question because what is great for one person is terrible for the next. It all depends on your feet. I've tried Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, Ecco, Rockports, Born, Mephistos and countless others but the one that is most comfortable for me is SAS.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Mel

I was a big Aerosole fan, but have since found that Clarke's of England make great looking shoes that are easily as comfortable, but come with thicker soles, which make for great walking. Also, most of the Aerosoles seem to have elastic-like uppers, which are great, but Clarke's make leather uppers, which is nice for the "go anywhere, wear with anything" part of traveling.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Diane

I've been happy with my Ecco sandals.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 12:16 PM
sandra

in a word merrell shoes are the most comfortable. they have a new line of sandals

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 12:48 PM
looking

Any suggestions in the US for best place to buy SAS shoes?

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 12:56 PM
sandy

SAS shoes are manufactured in San Antonio, Texas. I buy mine in Dallas. You cannot buy them online. You have to be measured by one of their "experts" to be sure you get the correct size. The comfort is in the fit.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:35 AM
dan woodlief

Sandy, you might want to look for SAS outlet stores. We have one here in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. The Time Outs are fantastic for walking and cost about $110-120 at an outlet. I hardly wear anything else when I have to do a lot of walking on vacation or for work (tradeshows).

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:44 AM
Flagg

Havana Joe's. Walked all over Paris, Rome, Florence, and Tuscany with them and never once had problems. GREAT shoes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -