Best restaurants in Lisbon/Porto?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2022, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are heading to Portugal later this summer and are hoping to splurge on a couple nice dinners. We have our eye on Sala, SeaMe and Loco in Lisbon...and Muu Stakehouse and Flow in Porto. Has anyone been to any of these or could recommend others that are can't miss? Of the Michelin-starred restaurants, do most of them live up to the hype?
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 06:46 PM

I've been to SeaMe in Chiado.
I don't know about all of the Lisbon Michelin stars because those that serve long tasting menus only we're just no longer interested in and don't have the stamina to do them, especially at night. Do they live up to the hype? See Mesa Marcada's list of the best restaurants in Portugal for 2021 here-
https://mesamarcada.com/2022/01/12/j...-marcada-2021/.

Henrique Sá Pessoa of Restaurante Alma just won the Boa Cama, Boa Mesa award for chef of the year.

I would add Prado to your mix in Lisbon because it's a la carte and the prestigious gourmet food blog, Mesa Marcada, mentioned above, named its chef, António Galapito, the 2nd best chef & restaurant in Portugal. And it's casual. We went there for lunch.

The two you mention in Porto don't require a long tasting menu.

If you're willing to do a tasting menu and want a beautiful venue at sunset, I would go to either the restaurant at the Yeatman Hotel in Gaia or the Casa de Chá da Boa Nova, high above Alvaro Siza's tidal pools in the suburb of Leça da Palmeira, overlooking the ocean. The building reminds me of a Frank Lloyd Wright structure. Either would be a highly memorable splurge for you with outstanding views, but they're a super splurge for sure, as is Pedro Lemos in Foz.

Last edited by Maribel; Apr 10th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, this is very helpful!
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 11:20 AM

Of all the Michelin-starred restaurants in Lisbon (there are now 10), if you don't want to commit to a lengthy tasting menu and would rather dine a la carte, I'd choose Alma by Henrique Sá Pessoa on Rua Anchieta in Chiado.
His a la carte menu is online.
https://almalisboa.pt/ementas_digitais/ementas_en.html.

Alma at Rua Achieta in the heart of Chiado