Reload this Page >

Best Rental Car Co. in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Chien Mien Ho

Dear all, <BR> <BR>My wife and I are going to Italy in about 7 day's time and will be spending about 2 weeks there. We will be spending most of our time in Tuscany and Liguria. We will be arriving in Rome (Fiumicino Airport) and hope to pick up a rental car and drive straight to Tuscany. We will then return the car about 10 days later in Florence. <BR> <BR>Can anyone help and let us know which of the rental car companies (international ones) is better in terms of price, convenience (pick up and drop off) and service, etc? I think there is no "best" but there might be pros and cons with each of them. <BR> <BR>Also, if there is any tips for driving from Rome international airport to Florence, I'd appreciate that as well. <BR> <BR>Many thanks in advance.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Carol

We recently used AutoEurope and booked the car online. It was quick and easy and the price was excellent. <BR> <BR>We picked up our car in Florence, drove through Tuscany and dropped off in Rome. The airports are relatively small and it took no time at all to pick up and drop off. <BR> <BR>Have a great time.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 07:11 PM
robin-k

I second Carol's comment. Auto Europe, it is. Used their services for a 3 day road trip to Tuscany. Booked reservation online, and had no problems with pick up / drop off. <BR>

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 07:14 PM
xxx

Book before you get to Italy. The cost will be much higher there. We use Auto Europe every time we go and have never had a problem.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 10:36 PM
Carin

AutoEurope is cheap and easy!

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 04:35 AM
Chien Mien Ho

Thanks to all who replied. Certainly appreciate the help. Autoeurope must be quite good seeing as how they are the only ones who are recommended!

Old Oct 4th, 2001, 08:28 PM
RC

We are planning to reserve with Nova-Rentacar. Pick up at Florenc and return in Rome. We only need the car for 2 days and the total amount was lower than the that quoted by AutoEurope (required 3-day minimum). <BR>Is there anybody who can share their experience with Nova? <BR>