Best or cheapest route, Amsterdam-Bruges

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2024, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Staying in Amsterdam easter week and planned an overnight in Bruges. However, it appears that we may need to pay at least $200/person for a roundtrip train ticket -- and possibly closer to $300. Does that seem correct? I was expecting MUCH cheaper than that but no matter how I try to find and book tickets, I end up in that price range. Any advice? I won't spend $500-$600 for the two of us just to get there and back.Thanks.
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 08:25 AM

Where on earth are you looking?

Go to nsinternational.com/en put in your dates and times and see what they say. If you are prepared to change trains more often the IC will be much cheaper than Eurostar. If you only want a single change then it will cost more. Prices also vary according to the time of day.
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 11:20 AM
J62

I see tickets for easter week for 32.5 euros one way, one connection....
Belgian national RR website.

Old Mar 10th, 2024, 12:59 PM

Don't use any of the resellers like Trainline, use the national websites for the cheapest: either the NS international website that hetismij mentions, or the Belgian Train international website: https://www.b-europe.com/EN?utm_sour...age#TravelWish . Bruges may be 'Brugge' in that website, that's the Flemish name for the city.

Lavandula

Old Mar 10th, 2024, 09:57 PM

Choose the IC train from the Dutch or Belgian rail webiste, not the more expensive Eurostar. The advanced purchase fare is as Lavandula says 32,40 and is valid for the specific train that you book. Last minute tickets are 68 one way. Some of the IC trains require more changes,
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by BG1964
Hi. Staying in Amsterdam easter week and planned an overnight in Bruges. However, it appears that we may need to pay at least $200/person for a roundtrip train ticket -- and possibly closer to $300. Does that seem correct? I was expecting MUCH cheaper than that but no matter how I try to find and book tickets, I end up in that price range. Any advice? I won't spend $500-$600 for the two of us just to get there and back.Thanks.
Take the train to Vlissingen from Amsterdam. From there take the ferry across Westerschelde to Breskens. Bus #42 will take you to the center of Brugge in about 45 minutes.