Reload this Page >

Best of Scandinavia

Search

Best of Scandinavia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Maurice

Best of Scandinavia

There is not much talking about Scandinavia. So let's learn something about this area.<BR><BR>Tell me you top 3 of sights,cities, anything!<BR><BR>Mine:<BR>1. Jokulsarlon (Iceland)<BR>2. Lake district (Finland)<BR>3. Lofoten (Norway)

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Patrick

Watching the &quot;midnight sun&quot; touch the water, move slightly across the top of it, then start back up again from the back of the Hurtigruten mail boat.<BR><BR>Eating hot waffles next to any fjord in Norway.<BR><BR>Drinking beer on a floating barge bar in Oslo and walking around enjoying the incredible pary atmosphere in the streets every night.<BR><BR>Sorry all three ended up being in Norway, I just liked it even better than Sweden, Finland, and Denmark even though I enjoyed those as well.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:41 AM
David

1. Orebro, Sweden<BR>2. Archipelago cruise from Stockholm to Finland.<BR>3. Turku, Finland

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Joe

The Fjords, with or without waffles.<BR><BR>The walled village of Visby on Gotland Island (and the rest of the Island too).<BR><BR>Tie: Ribe (including the Viking Village) and the Vasa Museum in Stockholm (utterly amazing).<BR><BR>Hard to leave out Bergen; The Ales Stenar (Ale Stones) at Kaseberga (not just the stones, but also the awsome views of the Baltic Sea from the bluff); the 16th Century farmstead at Roisheim; the beautiful, peaceful Island of Aero (bike the Island and buy farm produce, home-made preserves and lace at unattended stands in front of the farms). There are many more. What a wonderful part of the World.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Snoopy

Gr&aring;br&oslash;dre Torv (Greyfriars Square) in Copenhagen in mid-summer<BR><BR>Kronborg Castle, Helsing&oslash;r, Demnark, again in summer <BR><BR>Oslo, deep winter, ice skating downtown

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 11:02 PM
John

1. Iceland, everything!<BR>2. Lofoten<BR>3. Bergen