Reload this Page >

Best luggage for Greece?

Search

Best luggage for Greece?

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2000, 07:56 PM
Shelly

Best luggage for Greece?

Can anyone advise me on what luggage would be best for Greece? We will be in Athens, then Mykonos and Santorini in June/July and will fly to all (no ferries or hydrofoils). I would prefer to take my rolling suitcase, but my husband thinks that a backpack would be a better choice. Do most hotels have elevators, or will I have to lug my suitcase up stairs everywhere? Thanks for any advice!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 10:16 PM
Diane

The lighter the better, even though you'll be taking taxis, not all hotels have elevators (although most do in the places you'll be visiting). A rolling suitcase does not work the same there as here. You'll encounter uneven pavement where it may be difficult to manuever your suitcase. If you're flying and relying on taxis or hotel vans, you might have others helping with your luggage.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 10:52 PM
April

Yes, lighter is definitely better! We had wheeled luggage which worked in most places. Our hotel in Athens had an elevator, the one in Santorini did not plus it had stairs down to the entrance with a cobbled street above. <BR> <BR>I guess it's personal preference. I'm too small to carry much of a backpack, so I'd still go with wheels.

Old May 9th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Thyra

Great News! Eagle Creek makes a "rolling-back pack" I bought this for our last trip to Venice. It's well made, and has wonderful wheels, but you can open up the back and convert it to a back pack, the back flips down and covers your clothes so you don't get dirt from the wheels on your back. <BR>I have used this bag on every trip since and have never been dissapointed. It's a big pricey (All Eagle Creek bags are on the high end side) Over $200.00 but as I say, it's very high quality and light weight, but sturdy.