best location to stay in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Travellers, We're heading to Rome for three nights in March. We're parents (60) and son & daughter (34,35). Kids are VERY urban (LA, SF) parents ranchers. All active. Need places Ma feels safe for the "kids" clubbing at night. HELP!

Grazie,

Annie (the Ma)
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 02:53 AM

Hey Family,

Sounds like you will want a place close to the historic center, closest to all the action at night and also convenient for sightseeing. One of my favorite hotels in the historic center is hotel teatro pace. Their website is: http://www.teatropace33.com/

This place is close to Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, etc.. Another thought is that you could book a holiday rental apartment that could accommodate all of you - have a look at http://www.wheninrometours.com/hotels.php for some ideas on that as well as tours if you are interested.
Feel free to email and ask for more advice - I live in Rome [email protected].

Ciao!
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 04:31 AM

Most of Rome is fairly safe, but I would agree that the 'old' part of the city near the Campo de Fiori, Pantheon and Piazza Navona is probably the nicest area to be in.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 07:34 AM

I think for all the times this question has been asked, it seems for the most part people will ultimatly say Piazza Navona/Pantheon/Campo Fiori area. It's perfect for all ages. I just booked my apt. for the Pantheon area myself.
Old Jan 31st, 2006, 09:29 AM

just back. We stayed at the Pantheon Apartments. Pretty sure its privately owned, but this was one of the few places I left up to my travel agent. If you want any feed back, if its one of the places you are looking at, please let me know!! Excellent location...........