Reload this Page >

Best Inter-Europe Airfares

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 07:48 AM
Sarah

Anyone have a suggestion (agents/websites, etc). for good deals on flights from London to Venice and Florence to London? They're so expensive!!! Thanks!

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 08:40 AM
Rena

You may want to check out www.go-fly.com, they're the low cost airline owned by British Airways. Another site to check: www.virgin-express.com. I don't believe either fly in/out of Florence.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Rex

www.ryanair.com - - though they only fly from London Stansted airport, this is by far the cheapest way to get to the following airports: <BR> <BR>Venice (Treviso) - - NOT Marco Polo - - this airport is 19 miles away <BR>Rimini - - 2nd closest to Venice <BR>Pisa - - bigger airport than Florence, and quite close <BR> <BR>- - as well as 6 other cities in Italy. <BR> <BR>And incredibly low fares!

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 05:03 AM
donna

How far in advance to you need to book intra Europe airfares such as Paris to Venice??

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 06:13 AM
alex

Sarah <BR> <BR>I would second the recommendations for Go - they do fly to Venice and for Florence, you can go to Bologna. Unfortunately they only fly once a day to Bologna, but it is only an hour on the fast train to Florence from Bologna centre. We went to Florence this way in Oct and it was only £50 return each from London to Bologna. You are more likely to get about £100 though. <BR> <BR>Ryanair fly to Pisa, which has a direct train link to Florence taking one hour, every hour. Have fun Alex

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 01:48 PM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>Two no-frills lines fly from Stansted, ten pounds and fifty minutes away from central London. <BR> <BR>Go, http://www.go-fly.com, ++44 845 60 54321, fly to Venice and Bologna <BR>Trains leave Venice Mestre about hourly and take 3 hours to Florence <BR>Trains leave Bologna Central twice an hour and take an hour to Florence. <BR> <BR>Ryanair, http://www.ryanair.ie, ++44 870 156 9569, fly to Pisa and Rimini. <BR>From Mondays to Saturdays trains leave Pisa Airport at 1425, 1622 and 2029 and take two hours to Florence. At other times there's a connection at Pisa Central. <BR> <BR>Plesse write if I can help further. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR> <BR>