Reload this Page >

Best hotels in Turkey

Search

Best hotels in Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 08:44 PM
Bruce

Best hotels in Turkey

Does any one know what are the best hotels in turkey. Istanbul,Cappadocia,Ephesus,Antalya <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Bruce

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Rosenatti

Define "best."

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Judy

Just came back from Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus. If you mean "best" in terms of accomodations, service and location, I think Four Seasons is absolutely the best in Istanbul. I also stayed in Ciragan Palace Hotel, and liked the Four Seasons better. In Cappadocia, we stayed at Esbelli Evi in Urgup which is a family-run pensione with "cave" rooms. We really enjoyed our stay there; the family was extremely welcoming and our room was comfortable and clean, although by no means luxurious. I read in a guidebook that Ataman Hotel in Goreme has the best rooms in the Cappadocia area, but I couldn't get more info/opinions about the hotel on this site so I opted for Esbelli which lots of people seemed to like. There's also a newer "cave room" pensione down the road from Esbelli called Yunak Evi. One family we met during our trip stayed there and said that their room was very nice, but they had to endure being next to a cow (flies) and construction noises. In the Ephesus area, we stayed at Hotel Kalehan in Selcuk which Lonely Planet recommended as its first choice. It's very possible that this hotel is the best in Selcuk; however, our "deluxe" room was pretty basic with a shower that barely worked. Also, don't expect daily housekeeping and new sheets everyday. We survived, though, and the hotel was pretty tourist friendly. For more creature comforts, I think you would have to stay in Kusadasi, but then you wouldn't be as conveniently located to Ephesus.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Scott

Dear Bruce, <BR>As Judy says Four Seasons and Ciragan Palace Hotels are the best. In Cappadocia Ataman and in Kusadasi Kismet Hotels are best hotels. We have stayed in these hotels and made all land arrangements with Turkish Tours Central. We took private tours in each places. All was great.I have checked the hotel rack rates in each hotel and notices that we paid less than their rack rates with the tours in total. We had a great time and recommend everyone. <BR>Have a good time. <BR>

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Debbie

I would offer the Hotel Hittel(sp?) in Selchuk as a possibility.Our family used it as a base to explore Ephesus and the area and it worked out well.It is very modern,AC, pool overlooking vineyards and view of where Mary supposedly was taken,etc. They even have a complimentary breakfast and dinner with the room.It is located right on the main road as you come into Selchuk and I am sure it gets its share of tour buses. The staff were nice and the rooms were clean,cable TV(watched Millionaire Show in Turkish!) and decent bathrooms. I think it is considered 4 stars but the price was VERY reasonable.Have a super time in Turkey!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 12:36 AM
Laleli

www.istanbulshotels.com <BR>

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 03:51 AM
Basar

Four Saison in Sultanahmet <BR>www.silkroadhotels.com <BR>Basar-Istanbul

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Judy

In Istanbul we really enjoyed the Sultanahmet Palace which we found on the internet. I think we paid $140 which included transportation from airport, taxes, and breakfast. Very near Blue Mosque, Topaki Palace and Bazzar. Had a wonderful dinner in their restaurant.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Patrick

Many things make up "best" to different people. In Istanbul if I were looking for the best,I'd definitely pick the Four Seasons because it not only has wonderful service and rooms, but it has an incredible atmosphere and a perfect location. I'd never stay at the Ciragan Palace, because I simply wouldn't like that location. Like Judy, we stayed in Cappodocia at Esbelli Evi and it was simply one of the most memorable stays I've ever had anywhere. Not that it was the most luxurious place, but it was just so friendly, so unique, and so "Cappodocian". The Kismet in Kusadasi is remarkable, mainly for its setting on its own little peninsula in the bay -- and a very nice hotel, again maybe not the most luxurious. We stayed at the Renaissance Resort just outside Antalya and found it an equal to Ritz Carltons (Laguna or Naples) in quality of service and better in rooms.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 03:58 AM
Melanie

I have been to Istanbul last spring and stayed with my friends in the Ambassador Hotel. We paid $70US per night and had really friendly staff working there. The best thing was that the hotel is very near to the most sights. <BR>I can't tell you something about the other cities as I haven't been there yet but I hope I will get the chance next sommer.<BR>Hope you will have a great time in Turkey.

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Jan

Would recommend Empress Zoe - not the "best" but then I don't drive a Ferrari either. Great hotel, helpful people, wonderful location and visitations from the hotel cat - all for around $75 a night

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Elsa

We also have stayed at both the 4 Seasons and Ciragan Palace, and w/o a doubt we would choose the 4 Seasons. The location is better and I thought the rooms were also. We did have a room w/a balcony at the Ciragan that over looked the Bosperous (sp? - too lazy to look it up and the view was lovely, but not enough to give up the 4 Seasons.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Maeve

I would absolutely recommend staying at he Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Cappadocia. I visited there in May with 2 friends and we honestly didn't want to leave! We too stayed for 4 days and deeply regretted not allowing ourselves more time. I'm not quite sure what your interest in Cappadocia is, but we, as art history students, realized too late that 4 days is not enough.<BR>The Gamirasu Cave Hotel is so comfortable, peaceful and relaxing. You should absolutely stay there. The proprietors, Suleyman and his uncle Ibrahim, are extremely personable and make all their guests so welcome.<BR>The atmosphere is further enhanced by the magnificient cooking in the kitchen - you will love the food. I couldn't eat for a week when we returned because nothing tasted good!!!<BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Cory

If location & atmosphere are part of the "best" equation then when you are in Antalya stay in Kaleici - the old walled part of the city which overlooks the ancient harbour. We stayed in the Turk Evi but also checked out & will stay next visit at the Dogan Hotel. Both are "special category" pension style hotels (with pools) built from beautifully restored Ottoman homes. Re Ephesus, there are no hotels on-site...higher end hotels are in Kusadasi because of the cruise ship activity; Selcuk however is very short distance (15 minute drive) from the ruins.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Jane & Sheldon Hart

We travelled independently to Turkey in May, 2001...We would like to particularly recommend to ITN readers two stops<BR>along the way. The first was at the Gamirasu Cave Hotel in a small town<BR>not far from Urgup. Gamirasu is the only hotel in this otherwise very<BR>quiet and typical Turkish town. The cave rooms were fun and because of<BR>the non-commercial nature of the town, both breakfast and dinner were<BR>included in the very reasonable price. The food, by the way, was<BR>excellent - very fresh and much of it, like eggs from local farmers'<BR>hens, a special treat. The staff was extremely nice as well as helpful<BR>in tour planning. We had our own car and did our sightseeing ourselves.<BR>However, for those without transportation, sightseeing excursions were<BR>arranged and airport transportation was provided. Gamirasu more than<BR>deserved the star it received travel guide books as an outstanding choice!!!<BR>Find them at: www.gamirasu.com and e-mail: [email protected]

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Debbie Kinn

We are still in Turkey at this writing so everything<BR>is still fresh in my mind.<BR><BR>Gamirasu Hotel is definitely recommended. It is like a<BR>step back in time and worth a stop to visit a town<BR>that will seem like you've gone back several hundred<BR>years in history. But DO NOT let that scare you away.<BR>On the contrary, all the more to visit this place.<BR>This is a chance to experience cave dwelling life but<BR>you will have all the conveniences. Do not think<BR>Holiday Inn or Ramada Inn. Think about experiencing<BR>the culture of the area with so much comfort, warmth,<BR>and hospitality you will think that Turkey is the<BR>travellers' dream and best kept destination secret.<BR><BR>The meals are so good and the best part is that both<BR>breakfast and dinner are included in the price. That<BR>leaves the guesswork up to them and you can forget<BR>hunting for that "good food, reasonabley priced"<BR>restaurant. <BR><BR>Suleyman also accompanied us on a one day tour to<BR>explain things and show us to the various tourist<BR>spots. Because he grew up in the area he is very<BR>knowledgeable about the history and such. Not only<BR>that but he would probably jump through firey hoops to<BR>please his guests. <BR>It is advisable, though, to have a rental car as<BR>Gamirasu is a little way outside of Urgup. Four days<BR>in Cappadoccia is plenty and you will probably have<BR>time to chill out and relax. We were there for two and<BR>a half days and found that just about right even with<BR>two six year olds in tow. We found we didn't have time<BR>to walk around the hotel along the stream just to<BR>explore which we sort of regret. But, as we do our<BR>vacations, we find we just take things as they come at<BR>a very relaxing pace. <BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Debbie Kinn

We are still in Turkey at this writing so everything<BR>is still fresh in my mind.<BR><BR>Gamirasu Hotel is definitely recommended. It is like a<BR>step back in time and worth a stop to visit a town<BR>that will seem like you've gone back several hundred<BR>years in history. But DO NOT let that scare you away.<BR>On the contrary, all the more to visit this place.<BR>This is a chance to experience cave dwelling life but<BR>you will have all the conveniences. Do not think<BR>Holiday Inn or Ramada Inn. Think about experiencing<BR>the culture of the area with so much comfort, warmth,<BR>and hospitality you will think that Turkey is the<BR>travellers' dream and best kept destination secret.<BR><BR>The meals are so good and the best part is that both<BR>breakfast and dinner are included in the price. That<BR>leaves the guesswork up to them and you can forget<BR>hunting for that "good food, reasonabley priced"<BR>restaurant. <BR><BR>Suleyman also accompanied us on a one day tour to<BR>explain things and show us to the various tourist<BR>spots. Because he grew up in the area he is very<BR>knowledgeable about the history and such. Not only<BR>that but he would probably jump through firey hoops to<BR>please his guests. <BR>It is advisable, though, to have a rental car as<BR>Gamirasu is a little way outside of Urgup. Four days<BR>in Cappadoccia is plenty and you will probably have<BR>time to chill out and relax. We were there for two and<BR>a half days and found that just about right even with<BR>two six year olds in tow. We found we didn't have time<BR>to walk around the hotel along the stream just to<BR>explore which we sort of regret. But, as we do our<BR>vacations, we find we just take things as they come at<BR>a very relaxing pace.<BR>Their web site: www.gamirasu.com and e-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:07 PM
rrr

Here is a vote for the Ciragan palace. Stayedthereformyhoneymoon last August. Balcony over lookingthe Bosphorus, beautiful room filled with treats to eat, exquisite service, an amazing pool, wonderful restaurants including outdoor buffets, a fantastic jazz club outdoors on the water. Easy cab ride every where. Walked around the Four Seasons - true you can't beat the location but Ciragan was wonderful and very romantic while Four Seasons seemed a bit sterile to me. We awoke every morning to a view of Asia across the water.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Kay Dougherty

I haven't gone to Turkey yet but am planning a trip there in late summer-early fall. In Istanbul I made reservations at The Four Seasons on the beginning of the trip and Ciragan Palace at the end. In Cappadocia we will stay at in one of the houses of Les Maisons de Cappadoce. I've travelled with Butterfield and Robinson in the past and I noticed that that's where they stay, so that sounded good enough to me! Here's the website:<BR>http://www.cappadoce.com/e/intro.html<BR>I don't know if you'll be near Bodrum but I'm planning to stay at the Marmara which came highly recommended. They're at: http://www.themarmarabodrum.com/

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:04 AM
topper

topping

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -