Reload this Page >

Best Hotel Location in Vienna?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Karen

I'm looking to find the best located hotel in Vienna. I'd prefer something very nice, price isn't important because I'll only be there 2-3 nights. I will not need car parking. Good location is key! Thanks for any recommendations. Karen

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Steven

Hotel Sacher. 3 minute walk to St. Stephen's, you are right behind The Statsopera (and if you love Opera as I do, this is important), close to the Hofburg and within tripping distance of the Metro and the shopping district. It really is a grand hotel.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Patrick

Hotel Koenig von Ungarn. Right around the corner from the cathedral, next door to Mozart's house. A delightful four star built around a glass atrium. Pretty vaulted breakfast room with great breakfasts. Large well-decorated rooms and bathrooms. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:37 PM
L

Do not do Pension Suzzanne. It smells of smoke and old carpet. Very uncomfortable bed. The sacre does look 5 star.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:32 AM
meira

Bristol Hotel. Can be found under www.starwood.com beautiful old style 5 stars overlooking the opera.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Karen

Thanks for your suggestions. I will begin the search!! Karen

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Steve

Patrick is absolutely right. The Bristol and Imperial are awesome, but if you want to save a bundle and still stay in a fantastic hotel, it's the Konig Von Ungarn. 2 minutes out the front door and, bang, your in front of St. Stephandom and on the busiest walking/shopping area in Vienna. And I mean foot traffic, not vehicles.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Patrick

Sorry, I forgot to post the website for Konig von Ungarn:<BR>www.kvu.at/e/starte.html

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Karen

I stayed at the Pension Pertschy. It's in the middle of the block on Habsbergergasse between the Hofburg and the Graben. Wonderful location, nice staff and clean updated bathrooms and clean comfortable rooms. We paid about $110/ night - godd value, I think. I would definitely recommend it to you.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Wayne

For a lower priced hotel, Pension Pertschy or Pension Nossek are good. But I always try for the Konig von Ungarn when I go to Vienna. I endorse the other recommendations for KVU; it is a very nice place in an excellent location.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Barry

Sacher or Bristol...either one ..... beyond any doubt!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 11:37 AM
xxxx

Why is the Sacher or Bristol or Konig von Ungarn better located that one of the others? That is the question, not which is the best or fanciest hotel.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Steve

All three are within 1/2 mile of each other, and essentially on the same pedestrian walkway. All are dead center. So, OTHER factors become front and center. USUALLY, that's price, amenities, etc. OK, s.a.?

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
xxxx

Thanks for the polite answer, Steve. I haven't been to Vienna before so I was really wondering, as no one said anything very specific about the location. Thanks for letting me know that they are all in similar locations. That was my question. Was the s.a. supposed to stand for something in particular?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Julie

We stayed at the Hotel Romischer Kaiser on the Annagasse one year and found it very central and very convenient. Nice hotel, small, Best Western. Public rooms recently redecorated. I believe it's just across the street from the Koenig Ungaren. We've also stayed at the Pertchky and liked it. It's a little less "full-service" than the Romischer Kaiser.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Chris

We used the Hotel Tigra recently, 5 minutes walk from the centre. Very nice hotel, good for transport, not too expensive, as I suspect the likes of the Hotel Sacher would be. Recommended. <BR><BR>http://www.tradescotours.com/hotel/a...ra_firstcl.htm