Reload this Page >

Best city for hot dogs?

Search

Best city for hot dogs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Ben

Best city for hot dogs?

I am tired of you fancy pants people talking about expensive food. <BR><BR>Where can I get the best hot dogs?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
bow-wow

How about Frankfurter, Germany?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:02 PM
carol

Here is the age-old debate. New York or Chicago. I am on the fence.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
cindy

You can't beat New York street vendors.. best hot dogs in the world! I think it has something to do with the greasy water they sit in all day. But they are definitely very tasty. And they have to be Sabretts.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:20 PM
Uncle Sam

Viktualenmarkt in Munich...great brat on a roll with hot mustard and a good beer!<BR><BR>US

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:41 PM
bec

Definitely Chicago. At Wrigley Field, sitting in the Bleachers watching a Cubs game. There isn't anything better. The hot dog itself will cost you $5, but it's worth it!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
JIll

beilieve it or not in Buffalo, NY - Ted's . They are sahlen's hotdogs and amazing!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:50 PM
Euro-franks

Well they call them "sausage" in Europe but they are like double size hot dogs. I've had fantastic ones in Paris, and also in Vevey & Montreux, Switzerland.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:00 PM
Betsy

The market that surrounds the cathedral in Friburg, Germany daily. Ask for a wurst (vurst). You won't be sorry!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:00 PM
Betsyagain

Oops, make that Freiburg.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:35 PM
Sue

The best hot dog I've ever had was at Sam's Club, your town USA.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:52 PM
marian

Either Bremen, Germany; long thin sausages (with that wonderful spicy mustard thats so hard to find in the U.S.) that pop when you bite down, or the huge greasy Polish sausages in soft seeded rolls that you can order smothered with sauerkraut at beautiful PacBell Park in San Francisco. Go Giants! Barry, Barry! (For un-San Franciscans, I"m referring to our local star outfielder, home-run maven Barry Bonds.)

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:56 PM
xxx

EXCUSE ME. This is a Europe forum. Unless I'm mistaken - Chicago, New York, Buffalo and Sam's Club aren't in Europe.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:34 PM
Oscar

I just don't know what to do. Here we have this unbelievably important, life altering question about how people are going to find THE BEST HOTDOGS, and you people post on the wrong forum. Shame! Shame on you all! Apparently you don't realize how important it is that your answers MUST refer to "Europe." This is serious business folks. There are RULES and EXPECTATIONS. I expect you to CONFORM and OBEY. Just because you were once an English colony does not give you the right to compare your hotdogs to Europe's. U-ROW-PEE-UHN hotdogs do not equal U-ESS hotdogs. Fools! All of you. Remedial students at best. I hereby exile you to the U.S. forum. Once you have improved your geography and reading comprehension skills send an email to "xxx" and we MIGHT consider your application to once more post again on this forum. For now, be gone!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
BeatChick

ROTFLMAO!! Thank, Oscar!! You're a peach, oops I mean, Wiener of a guy!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:46 PM
xxx

Dodger dogs.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:31 PM
Deutsche Frau

My favorite sausage, definitely not a hot dog, would be a German sausage called pinkelwurst. Eaten w/grunkohl (kale)and sugared kartoffeln, (potatoes coated in sugar and fried in butter i.e.carmelized - aah!) Kostlich.<BR>Very funny, Oscar. But what is ROTFLMAO?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:47 PM
Mark Olsen

Deutsche Frau, it is online-ese for <BR>rolling/on/the/floor/laughing/my/ass/off<BR><BR>Your pinkelwurst(w/kale&potatoes) sounds like something I must try - we have a big GermanFest in my California town every year (it's coming up) so I will have one, or two.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:53 PM
Big Al

New Haven. And I ain't saying where. <BR><BR>I had a sausage in Heidelberg one time that made me think I'd died and gone to Heaven.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:43 PM
Deutsche Frau

Pinkelwurst is one of those very unusual, odd things... <BR>Ever notice how small the world is? How hard it is to find something unique, regardless of how far you travel from home? You go on a trip, and all you want is to buy an item you can't find at home... Well, truth is, you can (almost always?!) find it all at home. It may be more expensive, even hard to find, but it is there if you can take the time to search a little. As Disney said, "It's a Small World..." Pinkelwurst is one of the very few things left that is very hard to find. I don't know if it is because it is a "country" sausage, or because it is seasonal (fall/winter,) but this is an item that you are not likely to run into at a German Festival. This is something you will need to special order at a German Market / Deli, and even they might have no idea what you're looking for. This is something that is from a different place and time. If you can find a Deli that carries "Saag's" foods you are in luck. "Saag's" is one of the only companies I know of that makes Pinkel. I'd love to know what kind of response you get at a fair in California when telling people you are looking for pinkelwurst. Where in California is the fair? I'm actually in NoCal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -