Reload this Page >

Best beaches and nightlife?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:50 PM
Paul

A friend and I are considering traveling to Croatia for a couple of relaxing weeks in August. Can you recommend the best resorts or areas to get a good mix of nightlife and beaches in Croatia?

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Jon

All major resorts have a great nightlife, but don't expect something as wild as Ibiza nightlife. <BR>I recommend the island of Hvar, the island of Brac (resort called Bol – flashy open-air discotheque and also other great clubs), Dubrovnik (the biggest club on the Adriatic – I forgot the name), and also in Istra: resorts Porec and Rovinj. <BR>Split has a great nightlife too, many clubs, bars... but for good beaches you'll have to go outside the city. Split is OK place to stay for two-three days. <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Jon

I’ve done a little search, and found the name of that club in Dubrovnik. It is called “DIVINAE FOLLIE”, located in the Babin Kuk area. It is a huge club for more than 6000 ppl open only in the summer.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Paul

Thanks for the information! One other quick question for anyone who can answer....where are most of the tourists from (i.e. which countries?) I would imagine Germany and Italy but am curious...

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Jon

Again me. <BR>Yes, you are right, most of the tourists come from Germany and Italy and then from Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, UK and the Netherlands. <BR>Interesting is that that Croatia won US comeback award for biggest increase (37.5%) of visitors from the U.S. (comparing years 1999 and 2000). As for figures, numbers are still very low - 50.000 US visitors in Croatia last year. <BR>Croatia was one of the European tourist destinations most affected by the war in Kosovo in the spring of 1999 because of its proximity to the conflict. But even Croatia was perfectly safe country then, as it is now, many Americans still think of it as a combat zone.