Search

Berlin or Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berlin or Budapest

Hi

I am planning another trip and I was wondering which city has more to offer by way of culture and things to see. I know this is very subjective but any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks a mill.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Berlin is far bigger and therefore will have more but I think it depends on how long you are going and the time of year.

I find Budapest is more embraceable. You can walk around the city centre in a day, the underground is cute and the whole spa think is nice but not very posh. There are parts of town I would not walk in but for a 4 5 day visit you can have a good time.

Berlin is a big capital city, loads more to do but the central park spreads everything out a bit. I think this is more a 7 to 10 day visit
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM

That is as if you were comparing Edinburgh with London or, say, Boston with New York City.

Budapest is quaint, compact and lovely. And it has enough attractions to keep you occupied for a couple of days.

Berlin is a metropolis with all ups and downs of a large city (like London).

If you are asking which city has more to offer, the answer is clear: Berlin. Berlin has several dozen museums - some are world-class (like the Pergamon Museum with Babylon's Ishtar Gate or the Egyptian Museum with Nefertiti's bust or the Museum of Natural History with the world's largest dinosaur skeleton) and some are unique (e.g. the Helmut Newton Museum or the Jewish Museum). Berlin has a vibrant art scene with lots of galleries and many cool neighbourhoods with bars, restaurants and nightlife.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:54 AM

but Budapest also has a fabulous arts, dance, music selection at VERY reasonable prices. And much more romantic.

Nothing quite like a drink/dinner at night at spoon café near the chain bridge.

http://www.spooncafe.hu

These are two cities I never tire of.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, have just booked Berlin but will definitely keep Budapest in mind for the next trip!