COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Berlin - Jetexpress TXL

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Berlin - Jetexpress TXL

Hello, I am arriving at Berlin Tegel Airport and would like to take the Jetexpress TXL bus to either Unter den Linden or Potsdamer Platz. Can someone who has done this give me some specific details on where and how to buy a ticket for the bus when I arrive at Tegel Airport. Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 31st, 2005, 03:38 AM

hi johnk. I just got back from berlin and took the 109 bus to the Ku'Damm area. You'd buy the JetExpress TXL ticket from the same spot - a BVG kiosk situated just inside the entrance/exit to Tegel. Once you buy the ticket, it's just a few steps to the bus pickup lanes - Tegel is a very small airport.
Old May 31st, 2005, 03:42 AM

And also, make sure you stamp the ticket in the ticket-stamping machine inside the bus.
Old May 31st, 2005, 07:43 AM

Either buy it at the BVG office in the airport, where a real person will be able to sort you out with day-passes or Welcome-Cards or whatever you would need, or you can also buy it from the machines outside, where the buses stop/board - a bit harder to figure out I guess, since there are many types of different tickets (ie individual, group, zones, etc).

The TXL bus is just a regular public bus like all others, so all tickets are valid on it. It's about 20 mins to Unter den Linden from the airport.
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your help. I'll buy the ticket at the BVG office at the airport. It sounds like I can get a welcome card there too which is great. Last time I arrived in Tegel all I could find for the bus was a ticket machine outside at the bus stop and neither I nor most other people could figure out how to buy a ticket for the bus. Thanks! John