Bellagio and Lucca

Search

Bellagio and Lucca

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bellagio and Lucca

We (4 adults) are taking a 2 week trip to Italy in late June and early July. We are 4 nights in Rome, nights in Siena, 4 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice, 1 night in Bellagio, 1 night in Lucca, then back to Rome 1 night and return. We have found it very expensive to rent a car for the journey and are planning on taking the train all the way to Venice..then renting a car for the trip to Bellagio, Lucca, and back to Rome. As of yet we have no reservations in Bellagio or Lucca. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:08 PM

Why not go in train to Lucca and then in ferry true the lakes, go to Bellagio?
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:12 PM

You've created a strange ending to your trip, with one night each in Bellagio and Lucca. Considering all the driving involved in getting from Venice to Bellagio to Lucca to Rome, it doesn't leave you much time to see anything in Bellagio and Lucca. Is there a special reason for the stop in Lucca? Why not include a trip there during your stay in Florence? I would suggest two nights in Bellagio and dropping Lucca from that part of your trip.<BR>
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:50 PM

I agree with Howard, spend 2 nights in Bellagio. I also am planning may trip for 4 adults with 2 nights in Bellagio. My month long effort to stay in town for around $100- 130 per night proved impossible. Hotel Roma is closed, Hotel Splendide has a minimum 4 night, Hotel Suisse is booked for a wedding, Hotel Metropole keeps its rooms reserved for travel agencies, Hotel Silvio (15 min walk through narrow road) has no rooms left with a lake view, etc., etc. I am working with a wonderful person from IC Bellagio to find something. However, she gets the same answers as I do. As of now I am resigned to finding something outside of Bellagio, most likely in Lezzeno (6 km), since we will have a car. Good luck, maybe booking for June will be easier, May is the most popular season there - I was told.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 06:47 PM

Agree with some others. Easy to get to Lucca by train from Florence, about an hour. Nice city to see and be sure to rent bikes and ride the walls.