Search

Bellagio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 04:25 PM
Bob

Bellagio

Can you put your car on the ferry and continue toward St. Mortiz and are there inexpensive hotels in the Bellagio area??

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 12:37 PM
elvira

The ferries take cars; from Bellagio, you can go to Menaggio and then drive to Switzerland. I think there are ferries that go further north, but once you're on the west side of the lake, it's probably faster to drive north from Menaggio that take the ferry and get off at a town further north. <BR>We stayed in Milan and did a day trip to Bellagio, so we don't know about a hotel (there was a posting earlier about Bellagio with a hotel recommendation, so if you do a search, you should be able to find it).

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 01:07 PM
richard j. vicek

good afternoon, Bob <BR>Check out this URL' for hotels in <BR>Bellagio and also the rest of IT. <BR>www.venere.it Search-- City BELLAGIO and all hotel listings. <BR>For swiss hotels. www.hotelguide.ch, or <BR>www. swisshotels.ch. <BR>Good surfing, Richard of Hickory Hills, IL....

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 01:48 PM
Kathy

Hi, Bob. Stayed 3 nights in Bellagio a couple of years ago. Took the train from Milan, so I can't speak to the car ferry question, but we stayed at Hotel du Lac, owned by an English lady. It was our favorite hotel on the whole Italian trip! Ask for a room with a balcony, or at least a room that has a lake view. Food at the hotel was very good. I would definitely go back!

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 07:23 PM
deepa

I would highly recommend the Belvedere in Bellagio. Slightly expensive but worth it.