Reload this Page >

Belgium Airport in Charleroi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:21 AM
cherie

We are thinking of flying from Pisa to Brussels with RyanAir.We are actually traveling from Florence ubt Pisa seemed to be the closest place to fly out from. I read on this message board that the Brussels Airport that Ryanair uses is actually at Charleroi and is 70 kms south of Brussels. I have never been anywhere in Belgium. Is there transportation from that airport to Brussels on a frequent schedule. We haven't bought the tickets yet - maybe there is a better way to get from Florence to Brussels. Anyone have any thoughts or help? Thanks

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Myriam

Trains from Charleroi to Bruxelles Central approx. every half hour. Ride takes 45 min.<BR>See Charleroi airport website: http://www.charleroi-airport.com/eng...t_liaisons.htm

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:03 PM
ann

there are also busses from Charleroi airport to Brussels - stop a.o. at the "flying geese" an irish pub in brussels; accross the street is the Metro station of Maelbeek; so this is more convenient than taking the train, as you have to catch a bus from the airport to the Charleroi train station first.

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Heather

Cherie, RyanAir offers a shuttle bus from Charleroi into Brussels and drops you about a block from a metro stop. It was very inexpensive and convenient. Not convenient, pre-Euro, was the lack of ATMs at Charleroi and the exchange desk was closed. So, make certain that you have some Euro from Italy. I did the trip there from Treviso last year and all went smoothly (on time, no mechanical problems).<BR><BR>From what I've found, the Pisa-Charleroi is the least time-consuming/lease expensive way to go from Florence to Brussels. Others may have better input.

Old May 11th, 2002, 04:12 AM
XXXX

Here's the web site for Charleroi airport which list options for transfer to Brussels...(coach, train, taxi etc..)<BR><BR>http://www.charleroi-airport.com/eng/index.htm<BR><BR>When I booked my tickets with RyanAir, on their web site there was a link for airport transfers. RyanAir passengers are entitled to discount for cabs. <BR><BR>Good luck.<BR><BR>