Beer and wine prices

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Linda

Beer and wine prices

Just wondering what the beer and wine prices are in beer halls and restaurants

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Andi

Depends on where in Europe. I was in Holland in March and a Heinekin was 1.75 E - 2.50 E. Wine was inexpensive in grocery stores ranging from 2 E on up. In Belgium (THE most incredible beer anywhere) beer was a little more expensive but considering the quality and selection (and alcohol content), it was still a bargain. Way cheaper than the imports here.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Linda

I was actually inquiring about prices in Germany and Austria.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Chris

We just returned from Germany yesterday.<BR>Had a great trip and even visited the<BR>famous HB House in Munich. Beer and wine<BR>prices seem to be a little cheaper than<BR>those in the U.S. The Euro is getting<BR>stronger everyday and this will certainly influence the prices.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:34 AM
mark

Chris,<BR><BR>How about giving us some exact prices of beer and wine in Germany. You message wasn't all that helpful to many of us that are leaving in the next 3 months.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:47 AM
xxx

Mark, how could she give exact prices, when the price depends on the restaurant? I think a little cheaper is a good description. You know what you pay for beer and wine at home, so you know that you need a little less money for those in Germany.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Alec

In April in Frankfurt, in an ordinary bar (Lokal), I paid around 2 euro for 0.33 litre of beer (Pils) and 2.50 euro for a glass of wine (offener Wein). Restaurant prices will obviously vary a lot depending on classiness of the establishment. In an unpretentious Gastst&auml;tte, you'll pay the same or only slightly more, but in smarter places you can pay double.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:14 AM
mark

Alec,<BR><BR>Thnak you for the info. That was very helpful

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Dick Yeager

Linda,<BR><BR>We returned from Germany a little over a week ago. Here are menu prices from the Hofbreauhaus in Munich. You can expect these to be a tad higher than many other places.<BR><BR>1 Liter of beer E 5,93; 0,5 Liter E 3,22. House wine, red or white 0..4 # 3,53.<BR><BR>For menu information, try www.hofbraeuhaus.de.<BR><BR>A place not to be missed.<BR><BR>Dick<BR><BR>