Reload this Page >

BED AND BREAKFAST!!! what the heck?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 12:34 PM
calista

This may sound like a really stupid question - but - what is bed and breakfast?? In what relation is it to a hotel? <BR>Someone please explain!!!!

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 01:00 PM
Connie

A B&B is a room which includes breakfast in the price. Some hotels include breakfast in the price of the room also. Usually, but not always, a Bed and Breakfast is in someones home where they rent out one of their bedrooms and include breakfast. Some are very inexpensive while some are very expensive. I think it's the best way to go. You get to meet the people and experience the culture.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 11:51 PM
michael

Mostly though you don't get use of a room during the day, only to sleep and have breakfast, after which time you have to leave. Generally the idea is that you are going on somewhere else the next day and only need a room for a night.

Old Aug 12th, 1998, 07:26 PM
Debbie

Have stayed in B&B's in Great Britain. Ask when you book if you have access to your room during the day or is there a formal check out time. Got to stay in a 500 year old castle near Bath for less than a hotel would have cost, and stayed in a townhouse in Edinborough - the only time in my life I ever slept on silk sheets! (the husband was away in foreign service, and the wife and the kids kept occupied, and made a few quid, by housing tourist families while he was gone)If you can speak the language - go for it! <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 13th, 1998, 09:12 AM
greg

In case of Britain, one view of the differences can be found at the Automobile Association web site: <BR> <BR>http://www.theaa.co.uk/hotels/ItemHelp.html <BR> <BR>You will notice that the distinction is pretty vague. We stayed in both b&bs and hotels and about the only visible difference we noticed was that the hotel served dinners (at extra cost) while b&b, at least the ones we stayed, did not.