Search

Bed & Breakfast Strasbourg, France

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2019, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed & Breakfast Strasbourg, France

Hello,

My husband & I are looking for a 3-4 star rated Bed & Breakfast for a 4 day stay in Strasbourg, France that will accommodate parking for our rental car.

If there aren't any B&B's that would allow parking for a car than we would appreciate a suggestion for a boutique hotel that is conveniently located.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.
Old May 1st, 2019, 08:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>My husband & I are looking for a 3-4 star rated Bed & Breakfast<<

Stars don't really tell you much. There are great 2 star properties and lousy 4 star properties --Stars tell you what features/amenities are offered - not the quality of those features/amenities. What is your actual budget?
Old May 1st, 2019, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

We don't have a specific budget & I agree with your assessment of the "star rating system".

What we're looking for is a comfortable, well furnished ( i.e. comfortable double or queen size beds) that will provide us with a place to park our rental car.

We also require free & dependable wifi.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
seriously I'd start with tripadvisor
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:59 PM

Wondering if you know the Logis de France chain? Hotels rather than B&Bs, but because they are researchable with a search engine you might find a property with the right kinds of attributes. It's a mixed bag - some are atmospheric, some are unbeautiful but have an amazing restaurant. Do have a look.

Lavandula
Old May 2nd, 2019, 02:02 AM

Alastair Sawday is always a great resource for B&Bs. https://members.sawdays.co.uk/specia...#!display=list

I agree about ignoring the star ratings. Not only do they generally not apply to B&Bs, the system is completely different from the one in the USA
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:02 AM

I'd start by using the Gites de France website, entering Strasbourg, then picking chambres d'hotes rather than gites. You can then search by the amenities you want. Parking is under "Equipements exterieurs."

In our experience, the GdeF stars are pretty accurate. I also look at the properties' photos and its location on a Google satellite map.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:18 AM

I also recommend Logis - be sure to read their guest reviews to check for any negative reports. I tend to take more notice of them than the positive raves! We've stayed in some absolute gems, each quite unique. Di
Old May 2nd, 2019, 08:38 AM

I am a little hesitant to recommend the place we stayed, it might be too simple for you and also because our stay was "partly good and partly bad", but two years ago we were on a driving trip through the area and stayed at the Appart'City Strasbourg Centre which we chose because we wanted a place with parking. In general we liked the place but we had to get room change the first day because the A/C was terrible in the first room and it was hot! If you look at them on booking.com you will see sort of an average rating which is typical for this chain I would say. But the pros were good for us because you had a reserved parking spot (can't remember now if it was a daily fee or not but the room price was pretty cheap so overall still good value) and we used our car to go to other neighborhoods in Strasbourg to go to restaurants we wanted to try so it was nice to have a reserved spot. We also loved having a small kitchen so we could reheat leftovers but also to have breakfast in our room. And a big plus was the tram stop right in front of the property-super convenient. And the neighborhood itself isn't super scenic but we preferred that since it was quieter and with the tram you are only 1-2 stops from the more touristic area of the canals. So we actually preferred our location especially with a car. So it might be worth a look:

https://www.appartcity.com/fr/destin...rg-centre.html