Search

Bed & Breakfast in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed & Breakfast in Amsterdam

Hello,
Could anyone give suggestions for a comfortable, safe and economically accomodation in Amsterdam? My sister and I are travelling alone, and are assuming Amsterdam is pretty safe for women travelling alone!! ;-)
Kindly let me know asap!
Thanks
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:48 AM

There are quite a few described in www.amsterdamby.com
You can cross-check them at Tripadvisor..

I think Mae's and Boogard's are two really popular ones...
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
stevefrat

I can personally recommend Boogard's. Here's a link to their site: http://www.boogaardsbnb.com/

Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:22 AM

I found Amsterdam to be a safe place for a single woman traveler. I really wanted to see the Red Light District - and walking through it at noon was just like walking around any other streets of Amsterdam..... I wanted to see the "real" Red Light District (when the ladies are in the windows, etc.) and so I took a tour that Rick Steve's suggests.... It's a walking tour given by an American woman living (for 20 yrs) in A'dam. You are with a small group and you feel very safe. You meet at a hotel outside of the RL District and leave together..... If you are interested, check out Rick Steve's or ask me and I can look it up
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM

Agree with queener about safety. I am in the habit of taking late evening walks, particularly after a substantial supper. I have walked "home" to my various hotels with no problem whatsoever, although I recommend to anyone that they keep their guard up just like in any city. And please don't get mowed down by a bicycle! I found the Dutch custom of leaving living room curtains open in the evenings to be very reassuring to a pedestrian - it was nice to walk along the Canal Rings and see people having late dinners, sitting up and reading, etc.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM

San Luchesio (sp?) - in a neat area of town by Vondel Park - a monastery that also rents out rooms to tourists.

i had a room with shower, shared WC for around 30 euros. clean, and very very quiet and in very safe area.

no tv in room

The brothers were great - unlimited buffet breakfast.

Sorry about spelling of name, not sure.
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:30 AM

We enjoyed our stay at Maes. Friendly, helpful owners, decent breakfast, good location, nice neighborhood.

And yes, Amsterdam is a safe place to visit...and a truly GREAT city for walking around in. Enjoy!