beach near granada

May 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

beach near granada

one of my gf's daughter's is in granada,spain for a few months studying. daughter and friends thought they might go to ibiza for a long weekend, but it's too pricey to fly over. as such i am looking for a beach within driving distance from granada that clg kids might enjoy. maybe not the ibiza party scene but where some bars/clubs might be open.
tia
May 27th, 2008, 09:27 AM

You'll have to drive south to Motril. For beaches, including photos and coments, go to http://es.rentalia.com/beaches/
In summer weekends, all are crowded, and driving to/from them, a nightmare.
May 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM

When I was studying in Granada, we used to get the bus to the nearest accessible beach resort, which was Almuñecar.
Nothing special but it was easy and cheap to access, and we never had any trouble finding bars there!

Slightly further down the coast is Nerja, which is a pretty tourist resort with some nice beaches and fairly lively nightlife in the summer months. Again, it is easy to get to from Granada by bus.

Alternatively, Malaga is a slightly longer bus ride but has plenty of bars and nightlife (university town), though it's not particularly beautiful, for the most part.

There are several buses a day to all these destinations.
May 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks, josele and hanl, for the suggestions. i'll pass them along in email tonight.
May 28th, 2008, 05:22 AM

The road is N-323, Granada to Motril, but gets to the coast very near the town of Salobreña, with big beach and touristic development. Almuñecar is over 10 km towards Malaga. Several of the beaches in the website you can access by car via steep dirt tracks, all the info is in the website. Beaches as Rijana or Cañuelo (in Malaga province) are very nice, but as I told you are crowded in weekends. In case they are going on weekend, I'd better stay at Salobreña, or Almuñecar.
This coast is mostly shingle beaches, but nothing to do about it.