Batteries in Italy

Search

Batteries in Italy

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Batteries in Italy

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been reading for a while; it's a great forum. I use a lot of batteries for my booklite, and we'll also need some for alarm clock, flashlite, or whatever.

Are batteries in Italy more expensive than here? Can you buy the same sizes that we use? Thanks.
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM

take your own.
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:56 PM

You can easily buy them in Italy. My camera's rechargeable batteries ran out in the middle of the day and I forgot my spare set at the hotel. Almost every little shop had the regular ones for my camera (AA or AAA, can't remember) available.
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:26 PM

Cheyenne -

Can't answer to Italy specifically regarding prices, but the sizes are all the same. Prices were comparable in Germany last summer when I needed a few AAAs. Depending on how long you're going to be there - and therefore, how many you need, it will probably be just as easy to bring them. (unless you're really, really concerned about the weight of your bags.) It looks like you need mostly AAAs, so it shouldn't be too heavy or take up too much room.
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much. I'll take a few extra with me, but it is nice to know I can get them there if I need them.
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM

If you think you'll need them on Sunday, pack more.
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My daughter's Spain study abroad program told her to bring batteries as they were very expensive in Spain. She found out after she got there, that they weren't, and wished she had taken just a few and bought more there. She was staying 5 months so she thought she would need quite a few.

Her alarm clock (clearanced at Target for $1.48) battery hasn't needed to be changed and she has been there 3 1/2 months.

How long are you staying?
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM

I suggest buy them before you go. No need spending more money on batteries when you could use that money to buy nice souvenirs!

If you are writing from the states, than it will be cheaper to buy the batteries at a local target or walmart since the exchange rate for the euro is not too good.

Also, you don't want to waste time bargain shopping for batteries when you could better use that time having espresso or looking at art.
Old May 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger that works on any voltage. All you need then is the adaptor for Italian electrical outlets. Some digital cameras and other devices EAT batteries. YOu could spend a LOT of money and have a lot of weight. I really recommend the rechargeables. We've use them a lot!
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:56 AM

It is not clear to me where is “here”, I mean where do you come from. Anyway, batteries are similar (all over the world).
If you are in Rome and happen to be around the central station you can find many (probably) chinese-made batteries for a very cheep price. I have also seen at the huge market of porta portese batteries sold everywhere for about 1 Euro for 4 AAA.
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Sizes are the same but prices are usually higher. I take rechargeables with a dual voltage charger. Some of the brand's chargers are now small and light. With a plug adapter, you are all set.