Bath Rail Station Baggage Lockers?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 06:39 PM
dennisf

Bath Rail Station Baggage Lockers?

While traveling by rail in July, we plan on doing a one day stop in Bath, then continue on to the Cotswolds late that same day. Since we will be enroute to our Cotswolds accomodations, we will have all our luggage with us in Bath. Are there luggage storage facilities at the Bath rail station?<BR>I'm worried that my much wanted stop in Bath may not work out now! Help anyone?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:53 PM
janis

the last I heard, the left luggage facility at Bath central station had been discontinued. This was last summer so it is possible it may have re-opened. But don't count on it - maybe contact the tourist information center in Bath and ask.<BR><BR>This is one of the reasons rail touring is pretty difficult outside of the major cities - few small town/village stations have left lugggage facilities.<BR><BR>if it is not too late to change your plans - it is a LOT easier to tour the Cotswolds by car than by train. And that way you could also have your visit to Bath.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Steve James

Hello Dennis,<BR><BR>Janis is right. There is no left luggage office at Bath Station now.<BR><BR>There IS a left luggage facility 200m. away, though, - at the hostel on Manvers Street, opposite the police station. This facility is available to anyone.<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:43 PM
dennisf

Thanks for your help!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:44 PM
sybil

Dennis: We were in Bath in Feb. and did what Steve suggests. The hostel is a very short walk from the rail station, they charged a few pounds, and we were luggage free for the day, stopping to pick up our bags on the way back to the train. Very simple, don't let this worry you. Bath is terrific, try and take one of the Mayors tours.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 03:16 AM
Steve James

Dennis - A correctionBR><BR>The hostel - 'Bath Backpackers Hotel' - is actually on Pierrepont St. (a continuation of Manvers St.), opposite Mai Thai Restaurant. It's a straight 3-minute walk from the station.<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:44 PM
dennisf

Steve and Sybil,<BR>Thanks! You guys are great. I was so worried about this that I was ready to just skip the stopover in Bath. Now I feel confident that we can do it with no inconvenience. Without this site and your help, I'd have never known about this way of holding our luggage. You all are great.<BR>Dennis