bastide de la fave

Apr 6th, 2002, 01:53 PM
xxyz

bastide de la fave

I just looked up the Anitdefamation League report on this hotel refusing the Israeli couple. The article was written Mar.15, before the current retalliation

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:01 AM
fran

Do you have email address for this hotel? Would like to email them and see what, if any, explanation they can offer for their actions.

Apr 7th, 2002, 10:53 AM
xxx

[email protected]

Let us know if you get a response

Apr 7th, 2002, 12:55 PM
JustinJones

This a small Chambre de'hote, 3 epis (five rooms, three stars) This is more like a private home renting out their rooms. Shouldn't they be able to invite into their home anyone they want to for any reason? Why should others dictate to them who they should have as guests?

Apr 7th, 2002, 01:09 PM
xxx

Whatever it looks like, it's a business supposedly open to the public. They cannot discriminate against a particular nationality any more than a big hotel. They don't "invite" guests to stay there--they advertise on a web site for paying customers. BIG difference, even if the inn is small. If the Muselets can't obey laws against discrimination, let them stop accepting PAYING guests and simply invite for free their friends and family.

Apr 7th, 2002, 01:51 PM
JasonJones

In America if you rent out rooms in your home where you live and advertise, you can rent to whomever you choose. Hopefully, people in France have those same rights.

Why would anyone want to push themsevles to be in a place where they knew that they were not wanted?

Apr 7th, 2002, 01:57 PM
nooneallowed

Noone named Justin/JasonJones can stay at my hotel! I hate those people whose names start with J, don't you? They're so, well, you know....
justme2.

Apr 7th, 2002, 02:08 PM
JasonJones

That doesn't bother me at all if someome prefers that I not stay in their home and pay to rent a room. Not everyone can like or love everyone else and the government should not mandate that they do so.

Apr 7th, 2002, 02:15 PM
xxx

Jason, small inns, whether or not the owner lives there, do not have the right to discriminate. The Muselets are not renting out a single room that used be Grandma's. The B & B is operated as a business--a constant parade of strangers for months on end in several rooms. While they have the right to enact some policies, such as no pets, no noise after 10 pm, and so on, they don't have the right to turn people away solely because of nationality or ethnic group. Do you think it's acceptable for an inn to turn away blacks or Asians or Hispanics? Wake up and smell the millennium. This isn't the 1950s Deep South.

Apr 7th, 2002, 03:55 PM
xxxx

The Web site that they are on is written totally in French. Maybe they want English speaking guests. They might want French speaking quests as they sit around the table at night chatting. We don't even know if the owners speak English.

I have noticed that French people will choose not to rent to people for all sorts of reasons.

Apr 7th, 2002, 03:58 PM
xxxx

I should have said Maybe they don't want Americans or other English speaking guests.

Apr 7th, 2002, 05:15 PM
fran

I just emailed the hotel asking for their side of the story. If I get a response, I will post it.

Apr 8th, 2002, 12:25 AM
BTilke

The web site is not totally in French. Go to www.bastide-de-la-fave.com, click on welcome and you will find the description and booking information in English.

Apr 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Gloria

Fran or anyone, have you had answer from Bastide de la Fave?