Bargello

May 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Bargello

I'm leaving for Italy on Saturday and just tried to make a reservation for Uffizi-got one for Accademia but Uffizi is sold out! Should I make a reservation for Bargello or is it ok to just go the morning of and get in? Any suggestions?
May 16th, 2005, 11:28 AM

The Bargello is a gem of a museum, but doesn't get the lines that the Uffizi or Accademia do. I wouldn't worry about a reservation. If it seems to be crowded when you want to go, just go at another time.
buon viaggio
May 16th, 2005, 11:56 AM

As always, Elaine is right on the money. I found the Bargello to be one of my favorite museums in Florence, so do be sure to see it. We had no line in the middle of summer, at the middle of the day.

BTW - The Duomo Museum is another great gem that doesn't get much traffic. It's located right behind the Duomo and is very interesting.
May 16th, 2005, 04:45 PM

It's been a few years since our last trip to Florence, but we have been able to get into the Uffizi without a reservation or waiting in a long line. We found that by 6 or 7 p.m. (when city tours have ended for the day), there were at most 10-15 people in line at the Uffizi. We strolled through the gallery two evenings (before dinner one night, after dinner another night). At that time, the Uffizi was open until 11 p.m.

We found this "dinner time" strategy worked well for many sights, including the Last Supper in Milan.

On another trip (several years ago), we went to the Uffizi about 45 minutes before opening and were inside the gallery within a little over an hour.

Regarding the Bargello, when we were last there, reservations were not possible. I suppose things may have changed... It's definitely worth a visit.
May 17th, 2005, 08:47 AM
ira

I agree.

Search this Thread