Barcelona to Valencia & beyond – road trip 10 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are middle aged couple & have 10 days in October to explore between leaving Barcelona (where we stay 5 nights) & arriving in Valencia (where we have 2 nights). I say a road trip but we are hoping to do most of this by train & bus with maybe a car hire here & there to explore.

We like quiet beautiful beaches (few high rise hotels) & authentic Spanish small towns & vilages (coastal & inland).

Id appreciate help with planning where to go (& how to get there). So far Im looking at possibility Altafulla,, visiting Tarragona, Tortosa, visiting el Delta de l'Ebre, maybe inland to Marella and then maybe down towards Altea on the Costa Blanca. A couple of nights each place.

Does this seem reasonable? Anything we should avoid or what have we missed?

Re accommodation, I would love to stay in some Paradores but not sure if they will be too expensive or inaccessible without a car?
Old Sep 27th, 2022, 12:45 PM

Tarragona is a no-brainer because it is so easy to get there without a car… trains are easy.

i stayed at the Tortosa parador once, it was nice but not as great as some other paradors. And the town is better as a base to explore other areas, than to hang out in. At least that was my experience.

‘Do you mean Morella? Is so.. go! It is a beautiful town with a really nice vibe…

I might add one more day to Valencia.
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you So much for your response. I’m sorry it’s taking me so long to respond but I’ve had real difficulty getting onto this website. It is much appreciated.

Originally Posted by rialtogrl
Tarragona is a no-brainer because it is so easy to get there without a car… trains are easy.

i stayed at the Tortosa parador once, it was nice but not as great as some other paradors. And the town is better as a base to explore other areas, than to hang out in. At least that was my experience.

‘Do you mean Morella? Is so.. go! It is a beautiful town with a really nice vibe…

I might add one more day to Valencia.