Reload this Page >

Barcelona Side Trips

Search

Barcelona Side Trips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Ger

Barcelona Side Trips

Business may bring me to Barcelona in early May, which would mean that I may have 2-3 days for sightseeing (yippee!). <BR> <BR>I'd like to do at least one foray outside of the city and am considering either Girona or Monserrat. For those of you who have visited, if I have to choose one, which would you vote for? Are there any other places I should consider? (not keen on either Dali or beaches!). <BR> <BR>Also, any recommendations for lunch in either place would be nice. <BR> <BR>Many thanks for your help. .... Ger

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:06 AM
xxx

You may want to read this article from the Saturday Travel Supplement of The Times ( yesterday ). <BR> <BR>http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,71-113926,00.htm

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 08:57 AM
Rex

Seu d'Urgell, Gerry... <BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Maribel

Montserrat, Ger. Seu is too far. Save Cerdanya for when you have more time and Girona when you can do more of the Emporda. <BR>I just tried to email you a list of dining suggestions (like the Madrid one) for Barcelona but couldn't connect. If you'll send me another quick email, I'll try again. Thanks <BR>Maribel

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Ger

Thank you all for your help. <BR> <BR>X ... certainly worth knowing, I'll be vigilent ...appreciate your concern. <BR> <BR>Maribel, I received your restaurant recommendations - you're a star. <BR> <BR>I'll keep you posted on the plans. <BR> <BR>Regards ...... Ger <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Dave

Gerona is not far and worth a day. We stayed there 3 days. Beautiful little town with a lot of history.