Barcelona, Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Salemanca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On another post I saw things to do in one day in Barcelona. I am quite satisfied with those responses.
Barcelona - 2 nights and 1 day, we then fly out to Seville

However, I need further help. What to do in limited time in the following cities:

Seville - 4 nigths and 4 days OUT OF WHICH
Granada - 1 day tour
Cordoba - 1 day tour
We are then taking train to Madrid:
Madrid - 4 nights and 4 days OUT OF WHICH
Toledo - 1 day tour
Segovia - 1 day tour
Salamanca - 1 day tour

We are willing to skip one of the least interesting cities. We definitely want to do night life.

So which are the "do not miss" sightseeing spots, how do we get the most out of these cities, how do we ensure we soak in some culture as well?
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM
ComfyShoes

fragile,

I would probably move 2 days out of Seville to Madrid but that's just me If I was 15 years younger and without kids, I would be happy to (and, believe me, able to) dispense advice on nightlife but I am afraid I can only help you with the "soak in some culture" part Click on the link:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35001438

Have fun!

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't cut time off of Seville.
DH and I were there for 3 days with a day trip to Italica. I didn't care for Madrid, but you are doing 3 day trips, so I think you should be fine.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM

I think a lot has to do with your travel style. If you want to go fast and get a sample of it all, you could do all you've suggested, if you'd rather savor the ambiance and move more slowly with the idea that you will return to do more, I'd say cut either Granada or Cordoba (flip a coin--they're both great, though probably Alhambra ranks way up there) and cut Salamanca this trip (though it too is wonderful).
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:39 AM

Granada was pretty far from Seville, and would probably be a very long day trip. I would cut out Granada. the Alcatraz in Seville is amazing and i have heard that the tile is in better shape than the Alhambra (that's only what I heard!).
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:17 PM

I just came back 2 or 3 weeks ago. We went from Seville to Cordoba to Granada.

Seville was nice, but I would definitely cut time there. Cordoba could have used another day. I didn't find out the Mezquita was closed for the day till I got there.

The train from Cordoba to Granada was long and we got into Granada late
I would want more time in Granada. It is also a long way off for just a day tour. the Alhambra was great but just walking around Granada was also wonderful.

But I must give a shout out to Madrid, yes of course it was a big city, yet it has an incredible amount of charm and class. My wife and I found some nice tiny squares where we easily escaped the big city feel.