Reload this Page >

Barcelona or Madrid

Search

Barcelona or Madrid

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Marj

Barcelona or Madrid

Thinking of taking my family (2 kids, 10 & 12) to Spain in March for 10 days. The tentative plan is 6 nights southern spain (seville, granada, cordoba) and 3 night in either Madrid or Barcelona. My kids are good travelers, don't mind walking around and exploring. We like to do a lot of sight-seeing. Shopping isn't that important. We are very comfortable in big cities (we live in one) and are used to mass-transit, etc. I am still undecided on which of these 2 major cities would be best for us. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Maira

Does the three days include travel time to either Madrid or Barcelona? If that is the case, either Madrid, or stay longer in Cadiz, beautiful ocean/beaches. Spend extra days going to Grazalema National Park (wildlife/nature preserve).

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:35 AM
ger

I have been to both this year and enjoyed both. If I had to pick, my favourite would be Barcelona. Lots of great walks, it is on the sea (March might be a bit nippy for sun-bathing and swiming!), has lots of attractions for the kids (Spanish Village, Olympic sites, Barcelona stadium, Cable Car, Amusement park) <BR> <BR>Regards

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Marj

Maira, we would take the quickest most convenient form of transportation between So. Spain and whichever city. We would prefereably leave early on the 7th day to go to the city of choice and leave for home on the 10th day. What we've done in the past is leave US on a Thursday night, arrive in Europe on Friday morning and leave on the 2nd Sunday (the 10 days starts with the Friday, not Thursday). Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Art

Hi Marj, Between the two cities, IMO Barcelona wins hands down. I think that your children would enjoy La Ramba, The Familiea Segrada(sp) and even the early Picasso sketches in the Picasso Museum. From Madrid there are several day trips that you can do i.e. Segovia, Sevilla, Toledo, El Escoral, all of which are enjoyable. <BR>