Barcelona Itinerary - advice needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Barcelona for 5 1/2 days. Does this take into consideration the "top things" to do? We aren't too much into museums but love the outdoors, history, architecture. Also, any restaurant recommendations? (we do not eat pork and have been told there's a lot of it in Barcelona):

Day 1: Walk tour (on our own) in which we see Park Guell, Boqueria Market, La Rambla and perhaps end at La Barceloneta Beach
Day 2: Sagrada Familia Tour (at 10 with prebooked tickets), lunch, then free walking tour of the Gothic area, Picasso Museum (I see it will be free on this Thursday after 6pm)
Day 3: Day trip to Montserrat with hiking (on our own)- I assume we can reserve the train to Montserrat on the same day or does a bus go here?
Day 4: There's a tour with Explore Catalunya of Girona and Costa Brava (with opportunity to visit Botanic Garden of Cap Roig)- looks like a long day but really nice
Day 5- (this is a Sunday), Montjuic Castle (free first Sunday of the month) take cable car up and do picnic. See magic fountain show later in the evening (9:30-10pm)
Day 1/2- we leave to the airport at around 3pm so any recommendations on what we could spend a few hours doing before heading to the airport?
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 03:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
If your love of history includes ancient history I would recommend the Museum of the History of the City of Barcelona, which gives access to the underground remains of the Roman city. Also I thought the Maritime Museum in the medieval shipyards was very interesting..
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 03:47 PM
kja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get to Montserrat from Barcelona, in exquisite detail:
https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide....ontserrat.html

If you love architecture, you might want to visit the Palau de la Música Catalana and Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau and, of course, some of Gaudi's casas.

I can't speak to whether pork would be an issue, but here are the restaurants I most enjoyed in Barcelona:
- Tapeo
- 7 Portes
- Can Culleretes
(Many people recommend Cerveceria Catalana; I was disappointed).

Hope that helps!