Barcelona in Three or Four Days!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I have a three week tour of Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast and cities and towns in between-- I want to go to Barcelona for a few days. At first I had planned to go for ten days; now it looks as if I have to curtail this plan and only go for 3 or 4 days only. Please suggest to me the "must do's" and "must sees" during this limited time frame. I would most appreciate your assistance. Gracias!
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM

What are your interests?
Museums? If yes, what kind of art or crafts?
Gaudí's buildings?
Archeology? History?
Modern architecture?
Parks and gardens?
Or something else?
Food? Local dining?
Flea markets, local goods?
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM

You might not agree with my idea of must-sees and must dos. So I won't post them, just tell you what I saw and did in 3 days in Barcelona with my teenage daughters.

We wandered Las Ramblas, we shopped in the Passeig dei Gracia, we spent 2 afternoons on the beach, took a bus tour, stopped at La Sagrada Familia and the Spanish Village before getting back on the bus to complete the tour. We lingered over long lunches and tapas meals, we went to Park Guell and spent a morning there, the Picasso Museum, we visited the Bocqueria market, we wandered around the Catedral and the Barri Gotic.

There was plenty to do to fill the time, there was much more we could have done. I'd have liked to visit the Gaudi houses, but the crowds were huge so didn't bother. That will be saved for a future trip!

Can I suggest that to give you the best idea of must-sees and dos you get a guide book and decide what appeals to YOU personally?
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Print out Maribel's Barcelona Guide (www.maribelsguides.com). She has lots of useful information in general, but also, prioritizes some of the sights.

I suggest taking a walking tour or 2 given by the Tourist Bureau. They are great and very informative.
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, but more are desirous! I printed Maribel's Guide months back and will continue to read it.